Tennessee in Citrus Bowl

I watched the first half. We saw the same stodgy offense we are used to seeing. No attempt to improve. I think the not trying is what is so saddening. I could not bring myself to watch the second half where we did the things we could not do if we wanted to win. The defense was of course amazing in spite of everything else.

Bowls are becoming glorified scrimages given the opt-out and NIL realities. I think coaches and players all want to win and they'll also be more willing to put guys out there for devleopment and evaluation

Bowls are becoming glorified scrimages given the opt-out and NIL realities. I think coaches and players all want to win and they'll also be more willing to put guys out there for devleopment and evaluation

Mostly agree, but this one feels oddly impactful for Iowa. First of all, if Iowa wins KF is eligible for the HOF, and if they lose, he isn't. Not that important assuming KF comes back next year, but how sure are we he plans on coming back?

Personally, if Iowa beats a solid TN team, that would validate this season for me. We beat a lot of bad to mediocre teams, and we got pretty thoroughly trounced by the 2 really good teams we played. TN isn't on the level of Michigan, and probably not even PSU, but they are probably better than anyone else we have played. If we come out of Orlando with a victory, this will feel like a legit double-digit victory season. If we lose, it is going to feel flukey (to me).

Latest posts