Tennessee in Citrus Bowl

It is in FL, it is a Jan 1 bowl. Beats out a few other no nothing bowls.
It’s a classic ho hum & predictable matchup for iowa. Tennessee brings the name of a top program but it’s anything but. They mirror iowa in having a good, but a season in which they came up short in important games. Qb with potential but fell short with the upside. Like iowa, they feast on lesser competition while not firing a shot against the upper echelon. Not much of a defense so iowa should be able to run on them. Offensively, iowa has controlled better so limiting their big plays while turning them over is likely. Iowa 22-17

It’s a classic ho hum & predictable matchup for iowa. Tennessee brings the name of a top program but it’s anything but. They mirror iowa in having a good, but a season in which they came up short in important games. Qb with potential but fell short with the upside. Like iowa, they feast on lesser competition while not firing a shot against the upper echelon. Not much of a defense so iowa should be able to run on them. Offensively, iowa has controlled better so limiting their big plays while turning them over is likely. Iowa 22-17

You guys are back in Memphis AGAIN, so tell us what Elvis’ crib is like.

In recent years I have said I don’t care if Iowa wins their bowl game and then when kickoff approaches I find myself caring if they win or lose.

This year I want to see Iowa win and Lainez get snaps. I want to know what we have in Lainez and where he is at.

This is technically 2024 is Brian officially gone on the first? Really like to see Beth take control and hire the new OC before the bowl game and start the transition. Especially BEFORE the portal opens! The reg. season is over. The practices and bowl should be so the new OC can evaluate and hit the ground running. If Kirk is stepping down now is the time for him to say so.

I would take Iowa +7.5. We have to see what the opt-outs look like for both teams, but do you fear Joe Milton? I don’t.
The people on the UT boards seem to think this will be an easy game for them. We've never seen speed like they can bring. Also think UGA should've been in instead of UM. UGA, UT, 'bama, and UW.

The people on the UT boards seem to think this will be an easy game for them. We've never seen speed like they can bring. Also think UGA should've been in instead of UM. UGA, UT, 'bama, and UW.
I honestly think Michigan gets wrecked by Bama. Something in the order of 24-10 feels very possible. I mean, they found a way to lose to TCU last year. That TCU team had like 60 dropped on them by Georgia.

If the bowl committee were genuine about getting the best teams teams in, I’d think they’d bump Washington for Georgia, with Michigan as the four seed, but they just want the biggest brands that can make a case.

I honestly think Michigan gets wrecked by Bama. Something in the order of 24-10 feels very possible. I mean, they found a way to lose to TCU last year. That TCU team had like 60 dropped on them by Georgia.

If the bowl committee were genuine about getting the best teams teams in, I’d think they’d bump Washington for Georgia, with Michigan as the four seed, but they just want the biggest brands that can make a case.
I agree with you about Michigan -- hard to see them winning that game, but of course I had a hard time seeing them beat the Buckeyes, and yet...
Everyone pretty much agreed for most of the year that the Pac12 was probably the best, deepest conference this year, so keeping out an undefeated champ from that conference would make no sense.
The idea of 4 playoff teams, while better than the BCS, has been flawed from the start, guaranteeing that at least 1 of the Power 5 conferences wouldn't be represented, and often 2 of the 5 conferences. Stupid and unfair. Made all the moreso when for multiple years the Selection Committee has shown they value 'the eye test' over the written guidelines they're supposed to follow.
The 8-team playoff can't come soon enough.

This is technically 2024 is Brian officially gone on the first? Really like to see Beth take control and hire the new OC before the bowl game and start the transition. Especially BEFORE the portal opens! The reg. season is over. The practices and bowl should be so the new OC can evaluate and hit the ground running. If Kirk is stepping down now is the time for him to say so.
Totally agree 100%

I agree with you about Michigan -- hard to see them winning that game, but of course I had a hard time seeing them beat the Buckeyes, and yet...
Everyone pretty much agreed for most of the year that the Pac12 was probably the best, deepest conference this year, so keeping out an undefeated champ from that conference would make no sense.
The idea of 4 playoff teams, while better than the BCS, has been flawed from the start, guaranteeing that at least 1 of the Power 5 conferences wouldn't be represented, and often 2 of the 5 conferences. Stupid and unfair. Made all the moreso when for multiple years the Selection Committee has shown they value 'the eye test' over the written guidelines they're supposed to follow.
The 8-team playoff can't come soon enough.

It has been demonstrated that Ohio is the only team that can actually compete nationally. Harbaugh has figured out how to build his team with just enough nastiness in the trenches and in the run game to be able to beat Ohio State the week of Thanksgiving. Michigan has lost all of its big games against teams from the South. Notre Dame has an abysmal record in those games the past 15-ish years. PSU hasn't gotten any meaningful reps. It's really just Ohio State.

Other than the fact that they didn't win the CCG, I think OSU got hosed out of being in the discussion when talking about the 4 best teams. I don't think they should've gotten in, but they lost by 1 score at the #1 team in the nation.

I would take Iowa +7.5. We have to see what the opt-outs look like for both teams, but do you fear Joe Milton? I don’t.
We've seen him multiple times this year with a different name. I'm not sure we've seen the speed at WR this year. It's his 1st full season as a starting QB.

He was the starting QB for Michigan in 2020 when they went 2-4. As a team, they score right at the opposing teams average points allowed and allow right at the number of points the opposing teams score. It's really eerie how close the numbers are. Final score 16-13.

Latest posts