Tebow rated "solid D" by NFL experts

beaverdaleguy

I find it funny how Tim Tebow the goldon child of Budha, desperately wants to play quarterback in the NFL. He was hailed by ESPN and almost every mainstream media analyst as the best QB in Collegiate football history. Now, with his less than stellar performance in the Senior Bowl, and "horrible fundamentals" in practice all week, even ESPN Recruiting Analyst and expert Todd McShay rated him as a quote, "solid D, maaaybe D+" quarterback for the NFL level. How quickly they can go from lining up to worship at his feet to now saying he could go in the 4th round MAYBE and is a solid "D" rating for NFL QB.

We've seen this time and time again with various college athletes, but especially Quarterbacks. He is, arguably, the best QB in CFB history. There is no debating he is in that conversation. However, many analysts, long before the Senior Bowl, were voicing concerns about his ability to translate into a NFL QB. This is nothing new.

I find it funny how Tim Tebow the goldon child of Budha, desperately wants to play quarterback in the NFL. He was hailed by ESPN and almost every mainstream media analyst as the best QB in Collegiate football history. Now, with his less than stellar performance in the Senior Bowl, and "horrible fundamentals" in practice all week, even ESPN Recruiting Analyst and expert Todd McShay rated him as a quote, "solid D, maaaybe D+" quarterback for the NFL level. How quickly they can go from lining up to worship at his feet to now saying he could go in the 4th round MAYBE and is a solid "D" rating for NFL QB.

You find it funny that he wants to play QB in the NFL??? What heisman winning college QB doesn't?? Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't, but to act like it's some kind of far reaching fantasy is a little silly on your part...

I just don't get the hatred of this kid. If you got sick of all the coverage on him, then hate ESPN, don't hate Tebow. The fact is, he was a great college football player and apparently a pretty great guy. Does he have what it takes to make it in the NFL? I guess we'll find out.

God what a worthless post. You act like it is a secret that he wont be a high draft pick? Did you pile on Brad Banks for his failure to make it in the NFL too?

Get a life.

Agree with Ghost.

IHe was hailed by ESPN and almost every mainstream media analyst as the best QB in Collegiate football history.

Yes, best COLLEGIATE QB ever and I'll admit he was good and an excellent role model. Good collegiate QB doesn't mean good NFL QB. College coaches will design an offense to fit a QB like Tebow. The NFL is completely different.

Last edited:
Todd McShay seems to love going out of his way to rip on Tebow. I don't think Tebow will be a good NFL QB, but McShay also claimed Jamarcus Russel was the most impressive QB he had ever seen work out, so I don't know how much I believe his assessment.

Todd McShay seems to love going out of his way to rip on Tebow. I don't think Tebow will be a good NFL QB, but McShay also claimed Jamarcus Russel was the most impressive QB he had ever seen work out, so I don't know how much I believe his assessment.

If you look at Russel's arm strength and size he should be incredible. The problem is that he's lazy and doesn't want to work. He comes into camp way overweight every year.

If you look at Russel's arm strength and size he should be incredible. The problem is that he's lazy and doesn't want to work. He comes into camp way overweight every year.

And he's also not accurate at all. That's awesome that he can throw the ball 80 yards but it does no good if you can't hit the open guy.

I don't get how someone who has a "D" rating at their position could get drafted at all, let alone in the first 4 rounds...if he's a D, what's his best case scenario based on potential, C+???

Agree with Ghost.

Yes, best COLLEGIATE QB ever and I'll admit he was good and an excellent role model. Good collegiate QB doesn't mean good NFL QB. College coaches will design an offense to fit a QB like Tebow. The NFL is completely different.

What makes Tebow the best college QB of all time? That is quite a statement to make. Do you think had he not been on the Gators that they wouldn't have won all the games they won?

Another thread earlier proclaimed him the best college player ever, so at least your claim is scaled down compared to that.

I don't even think he was the best college football player last year, let alone the best of all time.

I do admire him for what he stands for, and it is unfortunate that he was an SEC player as that is the reason ESPN hyped him the way they did.

He isnt very smart, thats for sure. Otherwise he would have chose a school that might help him prepare for the NFL, by playing in a pro-style offense.
He has nobody to blame but himself, if he doesnt succeed as an NFL QB.
He hamstrung himself, right out of the highschool gate, by chosing a team that ran an offense like Florida.

He isnt very smart, thats for sure. Otherwise he would have chose a school that might help him prepare for the NFL, by playing in a pro-style offense.
He has nobody to blame but himself, if he doesnt succeed as an NFL QB.
He hamstrung himself, right out of the highschool gate, by chosing a team that ran an offense like Florida.

Donovan McNabb did OK. And he came from a pure option offense in college. Decision making is decision making, whether its a pitch out or a lateral or a quick out or a deep post. The issue is not the offense from which he comes. The issue is his terrible mechanics.

Donovan McNabb did OK. And he came from a pure option offense in college. Decision making is decision making, whether its a pitch out or a lateral or a quick out or a deep post. The issue is not the offense from which he comes. The issue is his terrible mechanics.

Not sure thats true. He fumbled 6 of the first 12 snaps he took from under center (reportedly). Its safe to say that he probably wouldnt have done that if he had played in a pro-style offense. I'm not certain what type of offense Syracuse (IIRC) used when McNabb played for them but I dont think there are a lot of option QB success stories in the NFL. I could be mistaken though.

Really? Pure option...He threw for almost 8500 yards in 4 years at Syracuse. McNabb did not play in a pure option offense....

Either he'll make it in the pros or he won't - my guess is that he will make a roster because he will sell season tickets, particularly in the south.

He will be successful in whatever he ends up doing, I can assure you that. I don't understand the haters here - he is a great young man with a tremendous future. He is sincere about his beliefs and most people really respect that trait in him.

Latest posts