Teams ahead of Iowa

Flashy may not be the right word but it touches close enough to one of our shortcomings in the eyes of the committee.........

"Their offense is something we look at closely," Long said of the Hawkeyes. "I think there's a question in the room of how strong their offense is. I think their defense has been consistent, but it's difficult to judge based on the quality of teams they've played at this point in some respects."

This statement--all by itself--all but confirms this guy has no business serving on The Committee, let alone heading it.

Would love to see Iowa out up 50 on a couple teams in November. Maybe catch someone's eye. However I'm not horribly upset with this current ranking.

Flashy may not be the right word but it touches close enough to one of our shortcomings in the eyes of the committee.........

"Their offense is something we look at closely," Long said of the Hawkeyes. "I think there's a question in the room of how strong their offense is. I think their defense has been consistent, but it's difficult to judge based on the quality of teams they've played at this point in some respects."

Trade out "Hawkeyes" for "Bears" and "offense" for "defense" and you could use that quote for Baylor.

Would love to see Iowa out up 50 on a couple teams in November. Maybe catch someone's eye. However I'm not horribly upset with this current ranking.

We really should have put it in the endzone at the end of the Northwestern game. 47 points looks better than 40 and how little we score is obviously a big deal.

Iowa pretty much can beat (or at least play with) nearly everybody and lose to pretty much every body. That's pretty much been Iowa football for...well....my whole life.

This statement--all by itself--all but confirms this guy has no business serving on The Committee, let alone heading it.
If he was actually looking at Iowa he would know Kirk never piles on the points just to embarrass another team. It looks like they want a team with no class. Why not just invite most of the SEC.

Latest posts