Team expectations in comparison to before the season

I have enough friends in real life. I dont need any in make believe land.

If you didn't know, these are actual humans you are interacting with here. It would be nice to get along with others, even if they can't punch you in the face when you're a dick.

I was optimistic and thinking 6 or 7 wins before the season. The play so far has basically confirmed what I thought. If anything surprises me, its how good Rudock is playing out of the chute. 7 or 8 wins wouldn't shock me.

If you didn't know, these are actual humans you are interacting with here. It would be nice to get along with others, even if they can't punch you in the face when you're a dick.

So I will assume IC is your first name with Hawk24 being your last.

I thought Iowa would win 4-5 games before the season started. After watching 3 games I now feel Iowa will win 4-5 games.

This team is pretty much what I expected.

I expected the offense to lean on The Hebrew Hammer a lot early while Rudock and the receivers got a feel for the college game and chemistry. I did expect CJFed to be more of a factor in the passing game. KMM has played better than I expected early on. The O-Line is playing pretty solid ball — which was expected.

Defensively I expected the strength of this team to be at LB. With a key loss in the backfield, I expected some breakdowns — but did expect things to look a little better back there than they do right now. The D-Line is playing pretty much exactly as I expected this season.

Going in I said the key would be how much the team improves from week to week. We saw some nice strides between Week 2 and Week 3, but there is still a long way to go.

Going into the season I figured if they team would be 5-1 entering tOSU they would go bowling. Still think that — but I expected a win over NIU and loss to either Sparty or Minny. We'll see how that all plays out.

Gotta win this week. Luck hasn't been with the Hawks against WM.

Run game, better.
QB, neutral. Didn't have any expectations since none of them had taken a snap.
WR's, worse. Too many drops.
TE, worse due to game plan.
OL. Worse. Pass protection is not where I expected it.
DL, meh like I expected.
LB, as expected.
Secondary is worse than expected. Too many big plays.

They did beat Iowa State which I did not expect.

I feel pretty good. The biggest good news is that the quarterback appears to be a winner. When that's the case, the season can turn out pretty good. We've run 4 games worth of plays in 3 games so the offense is coming right along. If you didn't know it wasn't KOK calling plays and just looked at the scores, it would look like a typical Ferentz ball control team. The paradox is we run 50% more plays for the same amount of points as KOK teams. Probably has something to do with Weisman getting 30+ carries a game. The defense is a concern. Same old problem with pressure on the QB. That might play out okay as we start playing against more mobile QBs where it's more about contain than sacks. Contain seems to act more like run defense where they are just holding ground. We need Lomax healthy and Draper and King to continue their growth. We are on pretty even ground with 70% of the B1G.

Too early to tell. Should really be 3-0. Missouri State...c'mon. ISU?....worst team in 10 years..

I was a 6-6 pre-season guy (hey, Detroit isn't so bad in December as long as you're inside).

Are we ready for the likes of MSU, OSU, Mich, Nebraska, Wisky? Uh, no.

Are we ready to for the likes of Minnesota, NW and Purdue? Perhaps.

3-5/conf and 6-6/overall seems reasonable.

Again, too early to tell.

I feel a lot better about the season now that we have pretty good play at QB. I adimit I didn't think Ruddock was going to get the job done. But it feels good to be wrong

Too early to tell. Should really be 3-0. Missouri State...c'mon. ISU?....worst team in 10 years..

I was a 6-6 pre-season guy (hey, Detroit isn't so bad in December as long as you're inside).

This team has a much better shot against MSU than they do against Northwestern.

Perhaps you haven't heard.... NW is good.

MSU & Wiscy.... I'll take our chances with them at home.

This team has a much better shot against MSU than they do against Northwestern.

Agreed. MSU is one of the most winnable games on our schedule. Kirk is 4-2 against Dantonio, the fans expect all negative streaks to continue, we may as well expect this one to continue.

I still think that this is a typical KF team, we are going to continue to get better each week playing our best football towards the end of the season. I agree we are not an 9 win team, but everyone forgets that we lost a LOT of very close games last year, if we get a few breaks going our way this could be a good season. I think we surprise some teams this year, we are getting more physical up front every week, if people can't see that then they are not watching. If this team continues to gel we are going to be decent/good. Defensive backfield is about the same as we have had for years, the difference is we are bringing safeties up to blitz quite a bit more than we used to leaving a lot of man coverage, we are not good at man coverage and never have been.