TEAM DJK!!!

roetbombaaa

I think it's quite evident that there are some underlying "issues" going on within this football team this year. While most of it is non of our business as fans, we deserve to know what killed this football team.

Well, we're about to find out. It's sad that it's coming to this, but like a lot of my Iowa brethren, I'm sick of being lied to by our head coach. To say that DJK didn't start because Sandeman had a better week of practice is a complete farce. Another watered down answer by captain "killjoy", that apparently thinks his fanbase is too stupid to read between the lines.

I admire Kirk and what he's done for this program, but something has to give. It's sad that it has to come to this, for a current player to have to come out and reveal truths to the fanbase, but I think we may be in for a rude awakening here.

So who's team are you on? Team Kirk, or Team DJK?

LOL @ this post.

Kirk has never and will never air out dirty laundry of his players...nor should he.

DJK will not either.

So keep dreaming and trying to stir things up like a child.

You are very wrong on this...I believe that DJK would say that he was an immature person for the last few years and the way he has been dealt with has helped him. Kirk does what is best for the kid to learn and for the team as a whole. Sometimes putting your best player on the bench to get a point across to him and/or the team is needed. DJK will be a drafted WR and at another school he might not have developed into that if the coach had let him act the way he sometimes is prone to. Am I upset at how things have turned out this year...yes. But to make it a Player vs. a Coach is just ignorant. Many things have contributed to this...Injuries (to Players and a Coach), young players that just took longer to figure some things out, and probably a little too much over-hype that the players felt the weight of. I also believe that Rick Stanzi lost some of his edge at the end of games by trying to be perfect and always checking down. Sometimes the Gunslinger mentality is needed and he has lost it. Hopefully they can show us a renewed spirit in the bowl game. I am disappointed in the year, but couldn't be more proud of the Seniors as they have lead a resurgence of Iowa after what we thought could have been a low point and the end of the KF-era.

OK, tuff guy.

DJK is posting all over his facebook about revealing truths and "press conference in January." What do you think he's going to say? "SIKE! Just kidding hawk fans!!"

OK, tuff guy.

DJK is posting all over his facebook about revealing truths and "press conference in January." What do you think he's going to say? "SIKE! Just kidding hawk fans!!"

LOL, i can see you are not very bright, "tuff guy"

DJK is getting exactly what he wants....hook, line, and sinker. Hilarious!

LOL, i can see you are not very bright, "tuff guy"

DJK is getting exactly what he wants....hook, line, and sinker. Hilarious!
I am a KF fan and have been watching Iowa football for 40 years. I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of this coaching regime. We have reached the pinnacle of our potential and the only way to go forward is to make some changes. I feel that as a 'manager' coach needs to make changes to his staff starting on offense. KOK is so basic and everyone knows his play book by heart. Wow, lets throw in a reverse 4 times a game, that will scare their defense. Norm has been one of the best DC's in the country but his style of D doesn't really fit in todays game. If you give up a yard, any yard, you stand a chance to lose. The Bend don't Break is the most frustrating D there is and with todays QB's that can run and pass, like Indiana, Northwestern, Ohio State and Minny, you will get picked apart with 6 yard passes until an opportunity jumps up. The D is always on its heels and there is more pressure on them than on the opposing offense. That being said, if you can't put up more than 17-20 points with the offense we had this year, your going down anyway. One play sticks out yesterday, 3rd and 19 on about the 7 yard line and what do they run? The play that every opponent knows Iowa will run, off tackle for 1 yard. Yes, this is the most frustrating year I have ever experienced as a Hawk. It reminds me of the Jerry Burns days and the packed house coming to see Iowa lose every game. We need another Hayden to show us how to win. If not, get ready for another of the same for years to come.

DJK will have things to say about his time at Iowa, he will also talk about his relationship with KF at some point. I have no doubt that will happen. I do see it being done in a classy way.

DJK is a dynamic individual and KF has had issues with DJK since he arrived. From a fans view DJK has done nothing wrong. I do beleive that most the issues KF has had with DJK are very petty. I also don't bench DJK like KF did yesterday.

Last edited:
My brother in law heard that DJK asked coach to start Sandeman because Colin didn't get to start on senior day. No clue if that is correct.

Latest posts