TCU football players dealing drugs

I threw a suggested fine out there. Some of you dope smokers who live in a trailer park apparently think its too much money. Instead of just firing moronic responses why not throw out a suggested value?Are you guys thinking $50, $500, $1k?

Great stereotyping there, brah. $5k is a large chunk of change for a lot of people, even people that don't live in trailer parks, believe it or not. $50-$100 seems reasonable to me, basically like a speeding ticket.

I threw a suggested fine out there. Some of you dope smokers who live in a trailer park apparently think its too much money. Instead of just firing moronic responses why not throw out a suggested value?

Are you guys thinking $50, $500, $1k?

I can't remember the name of the guy, but he is a CEO or owns a large company or something like that. Either way he is very successful and openly admits that he has hung out with Mary Jane for many years.

He goes as far as to say it has contributed to his success by helping him relax and not become overwhelmed by the stresses in life that he faces.

I am not a big fan of marijuana, myself, as I have seen it ruin people.

However, I think the punishment should be less severe than drunk driving. Drunk driving causes a lot of deaths and in a lot of cases... the person that was driving drunk isn't the one that dies.

There are many studies out there about driving under the influence of marijuana. Some say it is not dangerous. Others say it is. Either way I won't get into it.

As for the TCU players... How the heck do that many D1 football players fail a drug test? Does the NCAA rarely do any testing? Are there no consequences for the team and all of the players that failed? I am not understanding what the point of the drug test was if there are no consequences...

How could you be dumb enough to be a D1 athlete and risk everything you have going for you by selling/doing drugs?

Also, when they were talking about people failing the drug test... were they only talking about marijuana or were they also talking about all of the other drugs that are prohibited by the NCAA?

From what I can remember when going over the NCAA rules/contract or whatever... Caffeine is prohibited (if there is over certain amount in your urine). Is that something that could cause so many players to fail the test?

Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take harsher disciplinary action because more than half of the team would've been suspended, thus not having enough players to compete come opening weekend. And then TCU says well why aren't you guys testing all of the other schools out there!?

Like it or not, I think that marijuana use is VERY common among college students, especially athletes. And I'm totally pulling this out of my ***, but maybe the NCAA realizes that they can't suspend everybody who comes back with a dirty U.A. because way too many players would be suspended? We hear more about guys testing positive for marijuana at the NFL combine than while playing in college, right? Or maybe we don't hear about it because of student privacy laws.

Total conspiracy theory here on my part so don't go ripping me apart please. Just throwing **** out there.

Legalize it and let the States and Federal Government reap the financial reward and let farmers (or whoever) grow it and reap that money. Much better than gangs, dealers, and the cartel take all the money. Alcohol is a big business and many make tremendous profits of it. Alcohol is worse than pot, or I should say, pot is no worse. AND people are going to do drugs whether this countries wants them to or not.

Heck, much of America is on prescription drugs including mood altering prescription drugs to get them through their daily lives. What is really the difference between parents taking several prescription drugs daily and those that want to smoke pot? Makes it perfectly fine for all these Americans to take mood altering drugs because a doctor prescribes the drugs? Heck, that is ALL doctors do today...walk into their office and the first thing they do is write prescriptions for drugs. Then the parents tell their children (also many of whom are on prescription mood altering drugs) to stay away from pot and such because THOSE drugs are bad for you. Get the hypocrisy here?

Now what does a college like TCU do? They have drug dealers and users. It is a christian school but a BIG TIME football program (lately). They obviously cannot kick all the players off the team or they destroy their football program. Boosters would be highly pi$$ed I would assume. But how does the school look like a bunch of pansies putting football ahead of everything if they aren't very strict with this? Almost 2/3 of the team are using and (or) dealing drugs. After all, these are ILLEGAL drugs that are being used and many here do not approve of illegal drugs.

What would we as Iowa fans do or want done? Just smooth it over and slap the players hands so the program would not be not harmed? How would the school and program do that without looking like total tools and fools? Look how Ferentz responded to DJK, what would he do if 2/3 of the team was dealing and (or) using? Don't you have to draw a line at some point?

Interesting comment GoHawks,
"Like it or not, I think that marijuana use is VERY common among college students, especially athletes. And I'm totally pulling this out of my ***, but maybe the NCAA realizes that they can't suspend everybody who comes back with a dirty U.A. because way too many players would be suspended? We hear more about guys testing positive for marijuana at the NFL combine than while playing in college, right? Or maybe we don't hear about it because of student privacy laws. "

Why then even bother giving drug tests if a school or program is not going to do something about it? If the penalty is not going to be harsh, why spend all that money on UA's in the first place? I guess that would be my first question.

Pot use is very common among the American population in general. I know many people who smoked when younger and are still smoking 30 - 35 years later regularly. These people have lived quite productive lives; some are even retired now. If I were still living in Iowa among my friends I would still be smoking pot. Kind of gave it up after I moved out of state. It just is not that big of thing.

The bad part is that if I am not mistaken, pot use has moved to middle schools. That is not good. That is why pot should be regulated and sold by the government to control the use. It might be similar to alcohol...for instance, when we were in high school many kids my age tried to get booze but it was very difficult. Pot would be similar I believe.

Or are drug tests aimed more at growth hormones and steroids and such to prevent athletes from using THOSE drugs...pot just happens to be a secondary test?

I threw a suggested fine out there. Some of you dope smokers who live in a trailer park apparently think its too much money. Instead of just firing moronic responses why not throw out a suggested value?

Are you guys thinking $50, $500, $1k?

lol, you totally freaked them all out. I thought it was kinda funny reading them protesting that fine.

Or are drug tests aimed more at growth hormones and steroids and such to prevent athletes from using THOSE drugs...pot just happens to be a secondary test?

It should be. I dont know that it is, but having a whole team doing roids is different then a whole team smoking pot. I don't see mj as a performance boosting drug. If anything it is pry the opposite.
I just don't think smoking pot is a big deal. I have met lots of people who do it, you can find examples of every kind of person who does it. Very hard to lump them together. Some are rich, some not. Some are high strung, some not, and so on.

Said thing is pot is not a preforming enhancing drug. Why test for it if they already do with grades. Obliviously if you smoke too much pot you'll fail out.
If I played ball, I'd bust my balls in practice, the gym and the class room. After that I wanna kick back, relax my mind, have a good time and chill..... beer can achieve this but with calories, muscle wasting toxins and a hangover or I can just smoke a couple hits of a joint and not even effect my cardio.

Smoking pot is a victimless crime and by keeping it illegal we are killing people. Illegal drugs fund gangs and gangs kill people. Why not just legalize it and tax it or at least recognize a states power to legalize it (federal government does not recognize legalization). Thomas Jefferson said "the greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add an useful plant to it's culture" AND IM PRETTY SURE HE'S SMARTER THAN HALF THESE POLITICAL MACHINES THAT MAKE LAWS ACCORDING TO LOBBYIST NOT IT'S PEOPLE THAT HE REPRESENTS

Latest posts