Taylor Martinez

I don't see how this kid makes it through a Big10 season.

Oh, and on another note is anyone else disgusted to see Auburn win that game.

Last edited:
I agree, he wont make it without time missed due to injury. What I am really blown away about is how well a scrub team is moving it against "the best D in the B10".

Neb and Martinez did not impress me. Neb only seems to have Martinez...and that defense is good at attacking one dimensional passing teams but when they face good balanced teams like they will in the B1G it will be interest to see if they are as good as hyped.

Nebraska will be fine, they would have shut them out had Andrew Green not slipped and fell on their lone touchdown.

Neb and Martinez did not impress me. Neb only seems to have Martinez...and that defense is good at attacking one dimensional passing teams but when they face good balanced teams like they will in the B1G it will be interest to see if they are as good as hyped.

They did not impress me either. Martinez will not be able to run like that against the schedule they face. He is a fast SOB but not an accurate passer and if you can't pass, Big10 defenses will exploit it. Nebraska sure didn't look like a 11th nationally ranked team and a team that's going to "run through the Big10".

I was at the game today. Our O is the Martinez show, no other way to spin it. It lives and dies with him and he will not make it all the way through the season. O line was disappointing as was our receiving core. UTC's QB was quite good and has a live arm, but we bumbled around today. It is going to be a long year with our offense. Nice win today for you guys and beat the crap out of ISU.

I was at the game today. Our O is the Martinez show, no other way to spin it. It lives and dies with him and he will not make it all the way through the season. O line was disappointing as was our receiving core. UTC's QB was quite good and has a live arm, but we bumbled around today. It is going to be a long year with our offense. Nice win today for you guys and beat the crap out of ISU.

Your defense line is impressive but was also gashed up the middle at times. I was impressed with the speed of the defense and the way your secondary hits. Even though Martinez put up some yards on the ground he did not wow me at all.

It was everyones first game. Nobody is saying N, totally blew. Just for all the hype it was kind of a let down. I said it before and I'll say it again reminds me alot of Mich but with a bit better D. You guys are in for a long season if that scrub team could move the ball on you. I also thought you guys had WAY to many 3rd downs for playing a scrub. BUT nobody knows anything about anyone yet, all in all it was a sloppy performance by most of the B10 this week, but hey thats what non-cons are for. I did notice you all limited you penalties and thats a good start. I think your right thou if no T-mart, no endzone. Problem is double edged, the more he runs the more shots he will take, more shots = more of a chance at injury and the more he does the less quality play time for the rest of the team. So if he goes down, a blind person has a better shot at finding the endzone.

It was everyones first game. Nobody is saying N, totally blew. Just for all the hype it was kind of a let down. I said it before and I'll say it again reminds me alot of Mich but with a bit better D. You guys are in for a long season if that scrub team could move the ball on you. I also thought you guys had WAY to many 3rd downs for playing a scrub. BUT nobody knows anything about anyone yet, all in all it was a sloppy performance by most of the B10 this week, but hey thats what non-cons are for. I did notice you all limited you penalties and thats a good start. I think your right thou if no T-mart, no endzone. Problem is double edged, the more he runs the more shots he will take, more shots = more of a chance at injury and the more he does the less quality play time for the rest of the team. So if he goes down, a blind person has a better shot at finding the endzone.

But if he doesn't go down, they could be tough to stop.

I would have felt a lot better had Carnes gotten in before he did to get some experience, not sure why Taylor was in there as long as he was. For me, this season is going to be week to week. My expectations at this point are to compete in each game and not give up. If we do that, I will be ok however it ends up. Most of the folks around me at the game were scratching their heads, we had been told that the offense was going to be different than last year. It looked like it might have taken a step backwards. First game, we will see... :confused:

I would have felt a lot better had Carnes gotten in before he did to get some experience, not sure why Taylor was in there as long as he was. For me, this season is going to be week to week. My expectations at this point are to compete in each game and not give up. If we do that, I will be ok however it ends up. Most of the folks around me at the game were scratching their heads, we had been told that the offense was going to be different than last year. It looked like it might have taken a step backwards. First game, we will see... :confused:

I dont know why he was in there that long either. I also highly question going for it on 4th down against a scrub. I mean you know they are going to do whatever they can to stop you and why subject starters to that, when you know you are going to win the game?

I dont know why he was in there that long either. I also highly question going for it on 4th down against a scrub. I mean you know they are going to do whatever they can to stop you and why subject starters to that, when you know you are going to win the game?

True, True... On another note, I am totally not hating this Hawaii CU game. :D

I guess I watched a different defense than you did, seeing that we gave up 230 total yards. It's almost impossible to totally shut any team down. Their only td came on a play where our second string cb fell down, totally busted.

Not that we don't have things to work on, but the defense was fine today.

Latest posts