Tavian Pomlee

Reeon

Does anyone know if the Hawkeyes are looking at 6'6 SG/SF Tavian Pomlee of Davenport Central?

He is off to a nice start this season averaging 24 ppg and 8 rpg, including a couple impressive performances this weekend were he scored 35 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against Davenport West and scored 26 points, grabbed 6 rebounds and 3 steals against Geneseo (IL).

Side note: His big brother L.A. is down in Texas redshirting at Tyler CC after leaving Iowa State.

I watched him against Davenport West. First time I saw him play but from what I saw this kid is not Big Ten material. He plays small and will have to improve his outside game to move to guard in college. He didn't seem to like contact and a couple times dribbled the ball out of the post instead of taking it up strong.(mind you he was against a 7' 1'' kid. From what I heard his brother may have been shipped back to Davenport from TX, but that is hearsay around town. I don't see Iowa recruiting or having any interest in Pomlee, but then again I am not a basketball scout.

Hmmm, born in the Quad Cities in the early/mid 90s. Wonder where his parents got the idea to name him Tavian?

Latest posts