talking all Big-10 FB 'skill position' choices.

NorfolkNeb

I realize there's one game left in the conference FB season for 10 teams, but I thought I'd throw out my choices/predictions for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team all Big-10 teams (skill positons) and see what kind of discussion it stirs up.
QB: 1st team: T. Pryor (OSU); 2nd team: D. Robinson (Mich); 3rd team: R. Stanzi (Iowa). Probably the most difficult position to select, in this conference, this year. I personally believe that Persa was the best QB we faced all year, and Wisky & MSU will cry like stuck pigs if Stanzi is selected above Tolzein or Cousins (they'll be conference champs) but Ricky led the conference in TD passes and is 3rd in nation in QB efficiency, plus he's a senior.
RB: 1st team: LeShoure (ILL) & Clay(W); 2nd team Baker (MSU) & Herron (OSU); 3rd team: Ball (W) & White (W). I really believe that Wisconsin deserves three RB's in the top 6 honorees, so I placed them there. Probably one of them should top Herron for 2nd team. Adam Robinson's numbers argue for inclusion, but the biggest cry about exclusion would come from ommitting Evan Royster (PSU) from any mention. He may be a better pro than the six guys I picked, but he's not one of the top-six Big-10 RB performers this year.
WR: Sanzenbacher (OSU) & Roundtree (Mich); 2nd team DJK (Iowa) & McNutt (Iowa); 3rd team: Posey (OSU) & Moye (PSU). The writers will probably break up DJK and Marvin between 1st & 2nd teams, and maybe put Posey ahead of one of them. If DJK and Marivn are not both honored among the top-6 WR's in the Big-10 it will be a travesty. However, don't be surprised if they pick Dell (MSU), Doss (Ind), McKnight (minn), Belcher (Ind), or Jenkins (Ill) ahead of one of the two Hawks.
TE: 1st team: Kendricks (W); 2nd team: Reisner (Iowa); 3rd team: Dunsmore (NWN). Others will talk of Gentt & Linthecum (MSU), Stonebruner (OSU) and Adams (Purdue), but Eric Lair from Minnesota actually had more catches & yards than any of the seven that I mentioned, though ommitted. The position I feel most comfortable with my three choices.
Bonus...punter...1st team: Bates (MS); 2nd team: Donahue (Iowa); 3rd team: Santela (ILL).

Latest posts