Talk about media overreaction...

shonblatt

Things went horribly wrong for Iowa for 3 quarters, and we still won by 18 points, and even covered the precious spread everybody said was too high.

Indiana had one meaningful drive for a score, the opening drive of the game.

After that, they scored on a drive that started on the Iowa 35, after a fumbled punt at the Iowa 12, and after an interception at the Iowa 24.

Stanzi had 4 picks in the 3rd quarter, but Iowa still outscored Indiana in that 3rd quarter 7-3.

All the turnovers did was delay in inevitable. Indiana is a scrappy, but fundamentally unsound team - and they got beat late, like they have all season long.

A handful of sloppy plays go the other way, and Iowa wins this game 56-7. The wind was a HUGE factor in the game. 3 of Stanzi's interceptions were hung up in the wind. (1 was a horrible out pattern throw, and the other was caused by Keenan Davis running into a ref).

The box score reflects a butt-kicking:

First downs: Iowa 21, Indiana 13
Total yards: Iowa 480, Indiana 306
Third downs: Iowa 7-13, Indiana 5-18

That said, It'd be nice to put a team away in the first half for a change, but I think Iowa is building character that has been paying off all season.

And by the way, Bob Davie was a moron today.

Last edited:
That's fine if you think Bob Davie is a moron. But do you realize he really likes Iowa and always has? Very pro-Iowa. Just sayin.

That's fine if you think Bob Davie is a moron. But do you realize he really likes Iowa and always has? Very pro-Iowa. Just sayin.
I agree that Davie has been pro-Iowa, especially back in 2002, when I think he did half our games.

But he had an awful game today. Messed up Iowa player names all day, incorrectly analyzing almost all of the reviewed plays, etc.

So I'll amend my original statement to "Bob Davie was a moron today".

I wouldnt say Davie has always liked Ioaw. I don't think he and Kirk are chummy dating back to Davie firing Joe Moore and the age discrimination suit

I have thought Davie is usually fair and does a good job. Both of them.

Today, he had a day like Iowa and Stanzi did for 3 quarters. He just never got his second wind.

I agree that Davie has been pro-Iowa, especially back in 2002, when I think he did half our games.

But he had an awful game today. Messed up Iowa player names all day, incorrectly analyzing almost all of the reviewed plays, etc.

So I'll amend my original statement to "Bob Davie was a moron today".

So is Adam Clayborne going to be OK?

Latest posts