Talent

westview

Watched the ISU vs KSU game yesterday. I was amazed how good the talent was on the KSU team. Also watched parts of a lot of games yesterday. I am convinced IOwa is not bad because of coaching. They just need to recruit better players. A poster on another site thought thought we should hire Ben Jacobsen. Haven't people learned about hiring coaches from mid majors? Alford, McDermott,and LIck come to mind. I can not believe some of the coaches that posters think should take Licks place. If a change is made do not just settle for anyone. If that is the case we just as well keep LIck. I would like to see a top assistant from a top program, maybe the guy from Louisvlle.

Steve Masiello, Louisville. While searching through assistant coaches of big programs about a month ago, I came across this guy and posted about it on the other site. He's been on Pitino's staff for five years and has routinely been listed as one of Rival.com's top assistant coaches and top recruiters, year after year. Played at Kentucky on a national championship team, also -- knows what it takes to win as a coach and player. This guy is young (32), talented, energetic, and hungry to succeed, with lots of connections in the game. I'm glad people are finally taking notice of this guy because he is what this program desperately needs.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/masiello_steve00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
KSU has a bunch of players,no doubt. Nick Russell,who Iowa pursued hard, seems to barely get any playing time. KSU's assistant,Hill, who was a key AAU coach from the DC area, has brought not only Beasley ,but a number of top players from that area.
Jake Pullen is from Proviso East and is good, along with Clemente.
I wish Iowa had their second five...they could play a lot for Iowa.

The size, speed, and general athleticism of KSU is just amazing. There are not that many teams that have a handful of 6'7-6'9 guys who can fly up and down the court like they do.