Tailgating location help

wisconsinhawk

Hello all

I am bringing down a group of 12 customers to the Iowa vs Wisconsin game and we have a small bus (over sized van) and was wondering where you would recommend we tailgate. I have never tailgated with a group like this and could use some help with getting contact information.

See you all tomorrow :)

THANKS

I'm not sure about whether or not they allow large vehicles, but Hancher always seems to have plenty of room. Granted, it may be farther away from the Kinnick, but they offer plenty of free shuttles before and after the game that drop you off about a block from the NE corner of Kinnick.

Depending on where your seats are, it is relatively easy access to get in, and get out when the game is done. Parking at Hancher also puts you ahead of a lot of the traffice jam with easy access to I-80 since you are almost right by Mayflower.

Have a look at this:

http://www.uiowa.edu/~parking/ParkingMap_2010.pdf

Prev. poster was referring to lot 55. That will be boring, but the free bus is nice.

If you don't mind walking about a mile, park on the west side of town, on Melrose, at the finkbine golf course.

Or, park on the east side at lot 3. You can still catch a free bus in if you need to, but its a short walk.

If you're getting in early and want better spots, just drive in from either direction and yell go hawks a few times when you get close. You'll find plenty of private and public spaces. (Hint: lots 14 & 48.)

Prev. poster was referring to lot 55. That will be boring, but the free bus is nice.
55 is definitely a little more low key.

My suggestion was based being new to finding a tailgating spot (a LOT of the more popular spots are taken very early), the number of people you would have (with 12-13 you can probably entertain yourselves well enough), and ease of getting in and out.

55 is definitely a mix of people. There are those who still get rowdy, but you also see gramps over there by his Buick drinking his black velvet. Overall, a decent spot if you want to avoid a lot of the congestion, but still be able to tailgate and get to the game easily.

All true, Dakia. Its up to each group do decide what they want/need.

One other option. The Hawkeye Express train from Coralville. I live near campus and still want to ride that in sometime. If you can find a destination tailgate invitation near the stadium, the train would be a great way to enjoy your Hawkeye experience.

Also know that many lots open the night before the game, so if you drive in on Friday night, you can park your car/bus in the spot Friday night, walk or cab it back to downtown or hotel and have your spot ready to go Saturday morning.

Latest posts