Tailgating at Nebraska

HawkeyeMcNutt

Hey ya'll, I was just curious where the best place to try and tailgate for the Nebraska game would be? Anyone have any clue?

fb-fanguide-parkingmap-full.jpg

I would park by the baseball fields Lot 19 20&21 which are non-donor if you are going to tailgate by your car. If you plan on going to the bars I would park by the Basketball arena which is close to lot 15.

fb-fanguide-parkingmap-full.jpg

I would park by the baseball fields Lot 19 20&21 which are non-donor if you are going to tailgate by your car. If you plan on going to the bars I would park by the Basketball arena which is close to lot 15.
So I won't need a pass for Lot 20 or 21? I've considered buying a pass in a few lots, but I'm unsure of where a good spot to be is.

This is part of why I want to win so bad.

zhawk have you tailgated in that lot? How is it? How far is the walk?
I have. It's like the Minnesota fairgrounds if you have ever been there. It's a lot where people do their own thing. People grill and play party games around their cars. There is a pedestrian bridge that goes from the baseball fields to the donor lots (On map from lot 19 to lot 7). It's only a 10-15 minute walk.
People have told me that the best place to go to before and after the game is at The Haymarket. Bunch of bars in the area. Hard to park you car but it's easy walking distance to get to.

Last edited:
I am a bit confused...sorry if this is a dumb question. I was on the Nebbie football site and looked at the parking map; it designates lots 19, 20, 21 next to the baseball field as "donor parking." What am I missing? Thanks!

I am a bit confused...sorry if this is a dumb question. I was on the Nebbie football site and looked at the parking map; it designates lots 19, 20, 21 next to the baseball field as "donor parking." What am I missing? Thanks!
Just looked into it and yes 19 20 and 21 are donor lots. Must have changed since I've been there. :( Sorry

by the way, their fans don't have a clue that Iowa could beat them this year.

And they never will. Even though it is not an accurate comparison, They look at us the same way we look at isu. Until we beat them consistently they will never think we can beat them. Time is now, must win.

Tailgating suck in Lincoln...most people go to a pay to enter outside area...or go to the bars downtown...terrible game day tailgating experience.

Tailgating suck in Lincoln...most people go to a pay to enter outside area...or go to the bars downtown...terrible game day tailgating experience.
I wouldn't say it sucks but it is very average. I think Iowa City does spoil some Hawkeye fans who travel elsewhere.

I wouldn't say it sucks but it is very average. I think Iowa City does spoil some Hawkeye fans who travel elsewhere.
I lived and taught in Nebraska for 20 years and unfortunately :( many of my friends were Husker fans. To a person they all complain about the gameday atmosphere at Memorial Stadium.

And they never will. Even though it is not an accurate comparison, They look at us the same way we look at isu. Until we beat them consistently they will never think we can beat them. Time is now, must win.

This is somewhat correct, but ISU did beat them and Iowa is not there yet.

This is somewhat correct, but ISU did beat them and Iowa is not there yet.

And this is somewhat incorrect. We have beaten Nebraska, just not yet since they joined the big. The comparison of nebby to Iowa, nebby to isu, and Iowa to isu was what I was alluding to however.

Latest posts