TA&M or OSU

uihawk82

OSU is undefeated but only 6 games. They didnt juggernaut jNW today although a last TD would have looked better. OSU pretty much took care of everyone pretty easily except a really go IU team.

Didnt watch hardly any TA&M , very good record, only loss to Bama but that was a beat down, several close wins against iffy teams, today's win not that big against a pretty bad Tenn team.

I say with OSU being undefeated and missing two games not due to them, two games they probably win big against ILL and especially the Mich game, then they are a probable 8-0 right now. There is already one SEC team in the playoffs and I think that is a knock against A&M being a 2nd SEC team but in the #4 slot as not a super dynamic pick.

I would put a little bit of money on OSU getting the pick.

But it wont matter if Notre Dame just craps the bed and loses 51-3,

If the Playoff Committee follows their own guidelines, the Buckeyes will be in. In the absence of common opponents, conference championships are supposed to carry significant weight. In past years, committee members have basically ignored that guideline and relied exclusively on their own individual 'eye test'. And they had a chance to require a minimum # of games played to participate in the playoff, but didn't, so how could they ethically hold that against the Buckeyes? Because they don't really have to follow any guidelines other than their very subjective 'eye test'. Does A&M look better than OSU? Yep. The only thing we know for sure is that the Irish are not the best team in the land. Will the committee give OSU credit for winning the BTen and downgrade NDame for not being a conference champ...or not? Nobody knows.

Let me say I hate the $EC and the thought of that conference getting 2 members in the playoffs again makes my stomach churn. But TAMU is the 3rd best team in the country.

You can't put two SEC teams in. It would show bias. Let's just be thankful that Gary Barta is the chairman of that committee. Oh god, he's going to put three SEC teams in.

Actually, OSU looked terrible for three quarters with the turnovers...but when you have a guy rush for 330 yards...against a defense that allows less than a 100...well, that gets your attention. They were also missing a number of players yesterday.

Two of OSU's games were cancelled through no fault of their own. They did what they could...win all their games and the B10 Championship game.

Texas A&M lost to Alabama, in a blow out. Florida, their big win, has 3 losses now.

I think you have to put OSU in. OSU, Alabama, Clemson, & ND is my guess.

The fact is that I think the ND is overrated...but they get some sort of special handling. Texas A&M probably deserves it...but my bet is on Notre Dame...and the name cache of it.

You can't put two SEC teams in. It would show bias. Let's just be thankful that Gary Barta is the chairman of that committee. Oh god, he's going to put three SEC teams in.

Actually, OSU looked terrible for three quarters with the turnovers...but when you have a guy rush for 330 yards...against a defense that allows less than a 100...well, that gets your attention. They were also missing a number of players yesterday.

Two of OSU's games were cancelled through no fault of their own. They did what they could...win all their games and the B10 Championship game.

Texas A&M lost to Alabama, in a blow out. Florida, their big win, has 3 losses now.

I think you have to put OSU in. OSU, Alabama, Clemson, & ND is my guess.

The fact is that I think the ND is overrated...but they get some sort of special handling. Texas A&M probably deserves it...but my bet is on Notre Dame...and the name cache of it.
A&M lost to the number one team in the first week of the season following a very weird offseason. I wouldn’t hold that against them and I don’t expect the Playoff committee will either. Go take a look at the loss last week’s number six team took in week one. A&M is either in or the first team out, and they’re probably in. I expect it to be Alabama, Clemson, A&M, and Ohio State, in that order. I honestly don’t see any other teams that deserve to be in the top 4 and the committee will want to avoid an SEC matchup in the first round. It’s either Clemson and Notre Dame or Alabama and Texas A&M. Take your pick.

Ohio State played 6 games. For me that’s the end of the discussion. They never put themselves out there to be challenged to maybe lose. No injuries no wear and tear.

If A&M was undefeated because they canceled their game against Bama would you put them in?

It will be Clemson and Alabama for what seems like the 20th time in the title game. The rest of this seems like conferences and schools fighting over a paycheck. Put OSU in there I want the Big Ten to get their cut.

Ohio State played 6 games. For me that’s the end of the discussion. They never put themselves out there to be challenged to maybe lose. No injuries no wear and tear.

If A&M was undefeated because they canceled their game against Bama would you put them in?
None of that is Ohio State’s fault. Had Alabama had to cancel that game week one I would say A&M should indisputably be in, but then they also would’ve potentially been in the championship which would’ve resolved a lot. OSU played the schedule they were given and they won their conference with no losses. They should be in, end of story. Also F Ohio State and I was rooting hard for jNW, but that doesn’t change their record.

I hear a lot of people on this board and other Hawkeye boards talk about other conferences only playing 8 conference games and the Big 10 playing 9 and they say it’s unfair. I guess in the future we can’t complain about other conferences playing less games if they are okay w Ohio State getting in only playing 6 total games. I understand it’s 2020 but you can’t have it one way when it benefits our narrative and another way when it doesn’t.

A&M lost to the number one team in the first week of the season following a very weird offseason. I wouldn’t hold that against them and I don’t expect the Playoff committee will either. Go take a look at the loss last week’s number six team took in week one. A&M is either in or the first team out, and they’re probably in. I expect it to be Alabama, Clemson, A&M, and Ohio State, in that order. I honestly don’t see any other teams that deserve to be in the top 4 and the committee will want to avoid an SEC matchup in the first round. It’s either Clemson and Notre Dame or Alabama and Texas A&M. Take your pick.
And there you have it, semis set as
1. Alabama vs. 4. Notre Dame
2. Clemson vs. 3. Ohio State

First one out is 5. Texas A&M

Should be
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Coastal Carolina
4. Cincinnati

this year was the chance for the committee to make a change and award these smaller schools that played many more games and went undefeated.
It is blatantly obvious this year more so then the last few years that the draws aren’t related to win loss or deserving. It is solely based on dollars.
The committee had its chance this year to try and capture a little of the March Madness Cinderella storyline where the outcome didn’t really matter. I think outside pressure will be enough after this year to finally change the system or at least I hope so

Should be
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Coastal Carolina
4. Cincinnati

this year was the chance for the committee to make a change and award these smaller schools that played many more games and went undefeated.
It is blatantly obvious this year more so then the last few years that the draws aren’t related to win loss or deserving. It is solely based on dollars.
The committee had its chance this year to try and capture a little of the March Madness Cinderella storyline where the outcome didn’t really matter. I think outside pressure will be enough after this year to finally change the system or at least I hope so
Cincinnati's best wins were over Army, SMU, and Tulsa....

Coastal Carolina's best wins were over Louisiana, BYU, and I don't know.....Kansas?

I think the committee is doing it right. I think you would send a terrible message awarding a team a playoff bid just because they went undefeated playing a mediocre (at best) schedule.

Latest posts