T Smith cleared to play

If CJ's "injuries" don't affect any part of his throwing motion so that he isn't limited in the throws he can make, it would be very interesting to have both T & J Smith on the field at the same time. From what I've seen, J. Smith has the speed to get open against almost anyone. If T. Smith IS 100%, then we know he can get open deep. TS in the slot and JS outside on the same side of the formation sounds pretty damn good to me.

We could use another option since I don't think CJ is going to be as mobile this week. Hopefully T. Smith is fully healed. If he's walking wounded he might not be much help and could risk further injury. CJ will put out a huge effort. From the shots that he's taken this year it's obvious he is one tough kid. His leadership playing injured is going to inspire his Hawkeye teammates. James Daniels starting at right tackle. First true freshman to start at tackle in Kirk's 17 years. Pretty impressive from being recruited at center and 6 games in at tackle.

Last edited:
CJ probably doesn't want to risk his undefeated as a started streak. He will probably sit this one out and go to 8-0 against Maryland next game. I hear he's selfish like that.

If CJ's "injuries" don't affect any part of his throwing motion so that he isn't limited in the throws he can make, it would be very interesting to have both T & J Smith on the field at the same time. From what I've seen, J. Smith has the speed to get open against almost anyone. If T. Smith IS 100%, then we know he can get open deep. TS in the slot and JS outside on the same side of the formation sounds pretty damn good to me.

I would doudt they see the field at the same time. I think they both play the same position and would be surprised if J Smith know multiple positions yet. But I could be wrong

If true this will help a lot as TS seems to do well in some of those quick passes, either blocking or his ability to move his feet. Daniels would be a big plus too if he is actually healthy. I can't help but to think that either could be in there to draw attention and not actually do much like Duzey did against Wisconsin.

lots of double tight end sets to protect TW. If NW gives us single coverage on smith and smith we must exploit it

The twitter guys also say Boyle and the other quarterback, not named Wiegers or Beathard, is warming up.

......."James Daniels starting at right tackle. First true freshman to start at tackle in Kirk's 17 years. Pretty impressive from being recruited at center and 6 games in at tackle." Docholihawk.

I am thinking that this baptism of fire Daniels is going through might pay some dividends in the next few years.

Latest posts