Symptoms of something internal?

GotTimDodge

We were told how last years team had such great chemistry/camaraderie, and how that was such a huge part of the success.
I'm wondering if that camaraderie is missing this year, for whatever reason.
Wouldn't the things we are scratching our heads over so far this year be the very things that would result from a lack of camaraderie/team unity/etc?
Things like decreased enthusiasm, lethargy, increased penalties (from a team that prides itself on few mistakes), captains changing, etc?
I originally thought it unlikely, since we returned many of our leaders.
But maybe some real leaders are gone, or may Jim Reid was a bigger part than we thought, or ????

The captain changing thing combined with how we've played two weeks in a row is starting to concern me. Need to bounce back this week and should

But Ickedouche will tell you that Jim Reid was on the coach staff when we lost to ISU in 2014...so he isn't missed. I have no doubt he's missed...that being said, he didn't necessarily coach the DL...but it's interrelated. I have to think Reese Morgan and Phil Parker will figure it out. There is no reason we shouldn't be stout in the middle right now...Bazata and Johnson held the line of scrimmage last year...I think it improves.

We were told how last years team had such great chemistry/camaraderie, and how that was such a huge part of the success.
I'm wondering if that camaraderie is missing this year, for whatever reason.
Wouldn't the things we are scratching our heads over so far this year be the very things that would result from a lack of camaraderie/team unity/etc?
Things like decreased enthusiasm, lethargy, increased penalties (from a team that prides itself on few mistakes), captains changing, etc?
I originally thought it unlikely, since we returned many of our leaders.
But maybe some real leaders are gone, or may Jim Reid was a bigger part than we thought, or ????
The 'leaders' are the seniors who are told every year this is 'their' team. The leaders are the ones who are making sure 'it' is getting done everyday on a consistent basis. Last year we had no 'stars' going into the season. The closest we had pre-season recognition wise were Ott and Duzey and we know how their seasons went. We had 'great' SENIOR leadership last year at bringing a bunch of 'nobodies' together and out working everyone, CONSISTENTLY on a daily basis. We do not have that senior 'leadership' so far this year. Hell, King was even 'demoted' already and CJ seems to be an 'I' guy so far this year (one sign is throwing people under the bus on blitz pick-ups, and there are more...). So we have 'stars' going into this year, but I am not seeing leadership out of them and we are paying by how INCONSISTENT this team is so far. This senior class better step it up (King, Mabin, Johnson, CJ, Daniels, Kittle, Meercat and Croston, hell we don't even have that many seniors on this team!) with their leadership or it's going to be a looooong year. This team can still be a very good team if they get 'consistent' but as long as King and CJ are more concerned about their draft stock then they are about leading this team, it may not happen.........P.S. Reid has nothing to do with it since their run defense was great for years BEFORE he ever came here and our woes aren't neccessarily about the LB's...............

But Ickedouche will tell you that Jim Reid was on the coach staff when we lost to ISU in 2014...so he isn't missed. I have no doubt he's missed...that being said, he didn't necessarily coach the DL...but it's interrelated. I have to think Reese Morgan and Phil Parker will figure it out. There is no reason we shouldn't be stout in the middle right now...Bazata and Johnson held the line of scrimmage last year...I think it improves.
You're right.

Latest posts