Sure am glad my season tix are in the even section

Gold games, black out games, whatever.

It's EVERY season and its overdone.

I think the blackout is a horrible idea. It takes a portion of the crowd out of the equation...especially the student section. It makes the crowd hard to see, so if they are jumping up and down and waving their arms, it doesn't have the same effect.

What do you mean? All those white arms waving and white faces shouting? That's what you do see...it's like just watching floating arms in a WII game. You sound old.

Gold games, black out games, whatever.

It's EVERY season and its overdone.

I think the blackout is a horrible idea. It takes a portion of the crowd out of the equation...especially the student section. It makes the crowd hard to see, so if they are jumping up and down and waving their arms, it doesn't have the same effect.

All that is being asking is that you wear one of two colors, colors that should already be in your closet as an Iowa fan. I don't know anyone who has been to the stadium for a color game and was not impressed by the appearance of the crowd. Obviously, you guys are out there. Is it really about the colors not doing anything for you, or is it because someone is requesting you wear a certain color?

If it because of the request, I envy you. Life must not be too bad if you consider the color of shirt you wear to be an inconvenience.

Take a good look at the posters who are bad mouthing the "color games." Think about what direction most of their posts go...now enjoy reading their responses to my post as they blast away.

Take a good look at the posters who are bad mouthing the "color games." Think about what direction most of their posts go...now enjoy reading their responses to my post as they blast away.

I just read posts. I don't read them, then look to see who posted it. What are you? Some kind of a weirdy?

The goldouts and blackouts are stupid. The stripes are cool and I support doing that once a year. Other than that, the themed games should only be done at night. Way too many people fail to participate in the gold and black games and they just end up looking stupid. This doesn't even take into consideration the fact that weather can often have an impact on what people decide to wear on a particular gameday which may or may not conflict with that game's given "theme." I will repeat once again my disdain for some desk jockey in the UI sports marketing department making a decision on what I'm allowed to wear to a freaking football game. It's fascist and the way the attendance is going this year they should just be damn grateful that I decide to show up at all.

Come on, grumpy people, this is awesome:

SP_CFB_090-36_SM.jpg

But they shouldn't do any kind of black for a night game--save it for a day game. You're right, Intimidator, it's like the student section isn't there.

The goldouts and blackouts are stupid. The stripes are cool and I support doing that once a year. Other than that, the themed games should only be done at night. Way too many people fail to participate in the gold and black games and they just end up looking stupid. This doesn't even take into consideration the fact that weather can often have an impact on what people decide to wear on a particular gameday which may or may not conflict with that game's given "theme." I will repeat once again my disdain for some desk jockey in the UI sports marketing department making a decision on what I'm allowed to wear to a freaking football game. It's fascist and the way the attendance is going this year they should just be damn grateful that I decide to show up at all.

Well, you could go and be one of those "wears the plaid button down and the dekalb hat because he lives by his rules" kind of a guy.

You don't have to conform to society, man.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Very few people screw this up and it looks awesome. Stop being so grumpy and have some fun.

The only thing I don't like about it is that I don't have a yellow coat on cold days like it's supposed to be on saturday. I just wish I was in the black section dang it!

Latest posts