Super Bowl line surprising....

Where are you getting your info? Here are their dome games this season:
At Atlanta (playoffs), 48-21 W
At Detroit (12/12), 7-3 L
At Atlanta (11/28), 20-17 L
At Minnesota (11/21), 31-3 W

The only time they scored 45 in the regular season was against Dallas at Lambeau Field.

Damn, I forgot about the game in Atlanta. The 45 I was referring to was the 45 they put up in Arizona last year.

The overall point is that the Packers are a team that can put up a lot of points on an indoor rug. The Steelers will be a tough nut, but Capers will have something for 'em.

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot about the game in Atlanta. The 45 I was referring to was the 45 they put in Arizona last year.

ether way i think that you have a good point, but that is the beauty of a point spread, i hope their are a lot of people that feel exactly like you.

The Steelers will win because the NFL favors them for some reason. Don't be surprised to see some questionable calls/non-calls go their way.

Not you too, with this conspiracy garbage.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Steelers may win...

Basically all of your posts are a microcosm of the internal/external debate I had following the games yesterday. steelers can play horrible and still win. if it comes down to being close like the most of you think- wouldn't you hate to be the one's laying points? After a day of pondering i still conclude the same way, Pitt will win because of experience and defense. The packers are no different than what Arizona was a couple years back, very little/no running game to show for - I look for Pittsburgh to make Packers one dimensional and the Steelers should be able to move the ball on the ground.

Pittsburgh 24 - Green Bay 20.

in fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't. But Packers team is quite a bit better than the Arizona club of 2 years ago. That Arizona team of 2 years ago was 28th in scoring defense, nearly 27 points a game. Packers are No. 2 in scoring defense (a half-point behind the Steelers). Packers can win games when their offense is held down (look at the last two games against the Bears, the 9-0 shutout of the Jets earlier this year).

Back to the point of the odds, I would reiterate what others have said and the Packers have been popular with the public through the playoffs and have covered the spread each time. Don't disagree with your assessment that the Steelers will win, but if the Steelers play bad, they won't.

ether way i think that you have a good point, but that is the beauty of a point spread, i hope their are a lot of people that feel exactly like you.

So ya thinkin about taking the points then or just going on the line with the steelers? ive heard a ton of people that think the steelers should be favored but yet will not take them on the line. They all say hey if i can get the points then why not. My take is if you think they should be favored, then why give up the money and just take them on the money line.

Latest posts