Sunday Search: Fran McCaffery?

I didnt know Fran was on Licks staff. Hmmm I geuss things do work out sometimes.

My point was that people dismissed the hiring of Fran before it was even official and people were doing the same thing with Phil Parker.

Let the guy coordinate the defense for a couple years before giving up on him.

I think there was a longer thread with more posters that are active today.

Here are some gems:

Originally Posted by masoncityhawkeye View Post
What a "Blah"Hire. Hope he works but that hire isn't going to get me out to the games next year that is for sure

TChawk

Re: For all of yoou that went ballistic at first, thoughts now?
Wasn't happy about it before, still not really that happy about it now.

clicheusername3

Wasn't happy about it before, still not really that happy about it now.
Same. I rated this a 5 out of 10 and probably leaning to a 4 more than a 6. I'm not going to get in to it now but I will be interested to see where Brian Gregory ends up (or stays at Dayton) and how Tony Barbee does in the near future. This is the honeymoon phase right now and everyone has blinders on.

Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
Awesome.

We get a great coach, and I get to witness a meltdown! I'm gonna get some popcorn and wait for the trolls to roll out of bed. This is gonna be a fun day!

Last edited:
I didnt know Fran was on Licks staff. Hmmm I geuss things do work out sometimes.

yeah, iowa has a track record of being horrible under KF. Let's hire someone from the outside.

i guess you can't use yout old tried and true 'no one wants our assistants' anymore, however....

We need to give Parker and the the other new defensive coaches at least two years, maybe 3.

Bill Belichick could be our defensive coordinator next year and they would still struggle. We just don't/won't have the horses in 2012.

My favorite part of reading back through this thread is posts that start with phrases like:

We MUST do x

or

The new coach HAS TO BE x

The fact that they all were all wrong is beside the point. The real point is that there are no absolutes in any of this stuff, and that anyone who thinks they know what Iowa HAS to do is taking themselves and all of us for a ride.

My favorite part of reading back through this thread is posts that start with phrases like:

We MUST do x

or

The new coach HAS TO BE x

The fact that they all were all wrong is beside the point. The real point is that there are no absolutes in any of this stuff, and that anyone who thinks they know what Iowa HAS to do is taking themselves and all of us for a ride.

The only ones who don't know that fans are idiots are fans.

When I see this post I am reminded of where I was at the time...right next to the beach in Sanibel Island, FLA...trying to get back there again this year..good things happen to Iowa hoops when I am there...Fran hired...and watched the Iowa-Purdue March game from there last year too ;)

When I see this post I am reminded of where I was at the time...right next to the beach in Sanibel Island, FLA...trying to get back there again this year..good things happen to Iowa hoops when I am there...Fran hired...and watched the Iowa-Purdue March game from there last year too ;)

Too bad you weren't down there the day Alford quit or else we might still have him.

Latest posts