Sunday morning QB - toned down

Wisconsin's 3-4 defense had Iowa's offensive line completely flummoxed.

This is one of the weaker offensive lines under Ferentz. The only worse years being 1999, 2007, 2000, and maybe 2012.

Iowa has a red shirt freshman and true freshman at tackle. They both have potential but both have had a hard time picking up the blitzes. At TE Fant and Hokenson are weak blockers, and Wadley at RB can't block worth a damn. Kulick is a good blocker at FB but Ross is still learning.

Iowa's outside zone running offense has been pretty much absent since Boettger went down. Ohio State played a standard 4-3 defense with no extra pressure other than their front four. Wisconsin plays a good 3-4, bringing constant pressure from multiple directions. Iowa's blockers didn't know what to do with it.

Iowa will go up against a good Purdue 4-3 defensive line. Maybe the offensive line will do a decent job against that. Than they will go up against Nebraska's terrible defense that is transitioning to 3-4. So who knows.

While the fourth quarter certainly sucked, and I get that people want to rank on KF or BF or Stanley or the OL, yesterday was a "team" loss.

Wisconsin is a good team, and they brought it, especially the latter stage of the game. Hats off to them, now we move on...

Wisconsin is a good team. They are a better team than Iowa. Yet somehow Iowa performed considerably worse than any other team that Wisconsin has played including juggernauts like Illinois and Indiana. There's no excuse for how pathetic the coaching and offense was yesterday. The team deserves better. The fans deserve better. I'm done with Ferentz and will turn my attention to basketball until he's gone.

This was probably the worst game of the year for special teams with our punt return looking especially poor. 40+ lost yards on letting the punts roll which put our offense inside their 10 multiple times.

The punter inconsistency is a close follower; too many punts from inside our 15 which leads to opponents having less than half the field. This puts our defense in a bad spot as we fail on 2 out of 3 phases of the game.

That being said, this is one of the best defenses in recent history. Having Snyder out for the entire year is bigger than a lot of people understand. He was having a phenomenal spring improving his game and because he is such a student of the game, he gets the others in the right places.

On to Purdue and lets send out the Seniors with a great home crowd.

While the fourth quarter certainly sucked, and I get that people want to rank on KF or BF or Stanley or the OL, yesterday was a "team" loss.

Wisconsin is a good team, and they brought it, especially the latter stage of the game. Hats off to them, now we move on...
Well see how good Wisconsin is. Osu will roll them.

Wisconsin is a good team. They are a better team than Iowa. Yet somehow Iowa performed considerably worse than any other team that Wisconsin has played including juggernauts like Illinois and Indiana. There's no excuse for how pathetic the coaching and offense was yesterday. The team deserves better. The fans deserve better. I'm done with Ferentz and will turn my attention to basketball until he's gone.
Bob62 loves making excuses for the ferents'.

It is nice to allow one night's sleep to tone down my reaction to yesterday's game.

How can we explain the OSU game against the WS game? Pressure. Our offense simply cannot handle pressure at this point. The blitzes were not picked up. We failed to go downfield when opportunities presented themselves, looking instead at a small window just within 10 yards. The 3rd down conversions that we had amounted to dropped passes. And the crowd created penalties as well as the fumble-TD. Our offense cannot handle pressure yet. (But without pressure, our offense has shown it is top-notch.)

The failures of our special teams had a huge impact, especially in the first half. The WS game is always a field-position game. We lost that battle big time. And our Defense wore out - who can blame 'em?

We're going to be ok. It doesn't look that way, but we're going to be ok. Our OL will continue to grow up. Our DL will get better -- especially if we get the kid from Dowling. Our HC needs to allow Wiegers to play when Stanley allows the pressure to affect him so. That is one aspect that I am concerned about -- can our coaching staff get out of the way and allow team progression through competition?

We will dominate Purdue at home. And Nebraska will not be a match. 8-4. Pretty good, all things considered.

Yep, just stay the course, we're gonna be okay. The famous saying at Iowa. No receivers are coming in to help, and the ones we have are the worst in the conference. Next year we have 2 new running backs that have seen very little action. We will have the same strength and conditioning program, which by the looks of it is simply not getting it done anymore. We get shoved around nearly every game, but yesterday was just pathetic. Manhandled at every position all day. Next year we start 3 new linebackers with no meaningful experience, the same ends who are nonexistent, and we will have to find a new corner to replace Jackson. Its simply not a given that because everyone is a year older next year they are automatically going to improve.