Sunday Morning Notes: Reconciling Iowa State’s Success

I can't help thinking that ISU is believing that it has finally discovered its Katra, they just haven't learned yet it's been instilled in them from someone who discovered his own Katra kicking kids' asses at the dojo. Look it up.

I'm a Hawkeye alum and lifelong fan. I thoroughly enjoy beating Iowa State and every other opponent on the schedule. However, I never understood Iowa fan hatred toward ISU. It always struck me as petty, at best, and mostly just pathetically hypocritical and condescending.

There's one weekend a season I hope ISU loses. Otherwise, ever since the Crutchfield days, I enjoy watching them and want em to win.

While I wish it was the Hawks having that consistent level of performance and success, at least there's a refreshing alternative that is enjoyable to watch, week-in / out. One that has proven capable of competing with and, more importantly, beating high quality competition.

Think logically about this Stillbuster, the hawks play ISU each year, early, time for momentum.

KF has a hard enough time beating ISU when the hawsk are better so Iowa fans want ISU to be bad and down and not recruiting and playing well. It is our best way to get another victory each year.

Did you watch the TCU game? ISU had like 50 yards of offense the entire 2nd half, and 255 overall yards. ISU would have been piss pounded by Penn St. or OSU playing like that.

And as Dean said look at the TCU side of the ball, there offense was not well coached or the playcalling was bad, they would run right through ISU for two big gains and then start throwing the ball around and they didnt look very good throwing the ball. Congrats to ISU more for the OU win and maybe Texas Tech but TCU did not impress me on offense.

"Equally as maddening: ISU’s reluctance to fess up to its obsession with the Hawkeyes." Said the Hawkfan who wrote a silly article demonstrating his obsession with the Cyclones over a month after the game.

And as Dean said look at the TCU side of the ball, there offense was not well coached or the playcalling was bad, they would run right through ISU for two big gains and then start throwing the ball around and they didnt look very good throwing the ball. Congrats to ISU more for the OU win and maybe Texas Tech but TCU did not impress me on offense.

TCU was horrible offensively.
3 TO and 10+ penalties for over 100 yards will
Lose most games.

I can't help thinking that ISU is believing that it has finally discovered its Katra, they just haven't learned yet it's been instilled in them from someone who discovered his own Katra kicking kids' asses at the dojo. Look it up.
So you're saying the reality is that ISU is, in fact, a dufus?

Latest posts