Sunday morning browsing experience.

Vintage, great points on the clearing of the cache from time to time. It's just important for overall speed and performance. Like an oil change for a car. Gotta do it.

I have also had extremely slow browsing as well, to the point where my computer will lock up. I use Firefox and have tried to optimize my computer to make it work faster. The problem is the digital sports ad at the top. It is so slow both at work and at home that I almost can't visit this site anymore.

Jon I understand that yours is blazing fast, but not everyone can have as fast of an internet connection as you or as fast of a computer as you. My computer is older and not the fastest comp. around. Even though my computer is not very high quality I can still browse the internet without difficulty on every other site but this one. I hope you do something about the digital sports ad or I don't know if I will be able to visit this site anymore.

Seems to be hit and miss today. Some instances the page loads just fine. Other instances, it takes upwards of 10 seconds to load.

No issue on my Ipad, but once I get on a PC, it slows down considerably. Best I can tell are the ads at the top of the page.

I have also had extremely slow browsing as well, to the point where my computer will lock up. I use Firefox and have tried to optimize my computer to make it work faster. The problem is the digital sports ad at the top. It is so slow both at work and at home that I almost can't visit this site anymore.

Jon I understand that yours is blazing fast, but not everyone can have as fast of an internet connection as you or as fast of a computer as you. My computer is older and not the fastest comp. around. Even though my computer is not very high quality I can still browse the internet without difficulty on every other site but this one. I hope you do something about the digital sports ad or I don't know if I will be able to visit this site anymore.

I understand your frustration. As you mention, your computer is older, so its processing capabilities are possibly at an odds with some flash aspects of websites.

Unless I feel that module is killing this site, keeping people away in droves, it's something that is going to stay.

These are people that I am in close contact with on a regular basis. I have been giving them feedback. We are working on a few web related projects together as well, all things that are going to be a lot of fun for users of this site over the course of the next several months and year.

I am sorry that you are having issues. For most people, the forums loads in two to four seconds. Could that go down to 1.5 to 3 without that module? Possibly. But the second or two trade off for what it means to help keep this site free, I think that is a fair trade.

Your situation, again, I am sorry things are bogged down for you. But as you mentioned, you have older equipment...which means much less processing capability more than likely. You will probly keep running into these kinds of issues over the course of the year, not just here, as more sites are incorporating aspects like video and other modules that require at least average processing power.

Not much of a computer guy. Just had problems with this site this AM. Working fine now though. On vacation in Florida, so on wireless system in the house here, but it had been good for every other site, just not this one. Maybe just bad luck. Haven't cleaned the computer up for 3-4 days, but do it pretty often. If it was the computer I would think the other sites would be a problem also. Not so. Glad you mentioned 2-4 second loads. Thought I was the only one that was this slow. Like the site and the forums. Good articles and info. Just have to gain some patience for what seems the slowness of the site I guess.

In the last 24 hours, I have accessed this site on my macbook pro, my imac desktop, ipad, and at radio station on a pc.

I have not encountered any problems and the site has never loaded faster than it is right now.

Having said all of this, I have not browsed the site using internet explorer. If you don't have to use IE because of work, I dont know why anyone is still using that clunky product.

For the same reason that people still use the Internet-with-training-wheels (AOL). It's all they know.

Latest posts