Sunday morning browsing experience.

KWOODHAWK

Guess there's some issues going on this AM also? Was looking around different sites, not just sports. And this one was loading abour 4-5 times slower and then I almost couldn't scroll down the page. Finally, after having quite a bit of trouble navigating this site and no problem on others, I decided to post on site feedback and it locked up on me. Had to shut down the computer and reboot. Still acting up. Just letting you know, sorry. Hope everything gets figured out. Good luck.

I'm finding this site much slower on a PC. I'm wondering if it's not that digitalsports basketball video of Iowa game highligts/etc. I told it not to load/play on page load, but I'm still getting vid. On my iPad I'm fine since that vid isn't supported on it.

This site is not for those w/out a robust computer (This site can put a decent hit on CPU) or if you have the 'low level' DSL connection.

Last edited:
No problems with this site for me either. It's been very fast and smooth since the change.

In the last 24 hours, I have accessed this site on my macbook pro, my imac desktop, ipad, and at radio station on a pc.

I have not encountered any problems and the site has never loaded faster than it is right now.

Having said all of this, I have not browsed the site using internet explorer. If you don't have to use IE because of work, I dont know why anyone is still using that clunky product.

In the last 24 hours, I have accessed this site on my macbook pro, my imac desktop, ipad, and at radio station on a pc.

I have not encountered any problems and the site has never loaded faster than it is right now.

Having said all of this, I have not browsed the site using internet explorer. If you don't have to use IE because of work, I dont know why anyone is still using that clunky product.
I am using IE and it is working perfectly fine for me.

I am using IE and it is working perfectly fine for me.

Glad to hear it. I am guessing IE8 and most up to date?

It's amazing how many people are still using IE7 and IE6 that visit this site. About 16% of the site's users

52% of site users use IE...of that, 72% use IE8

In order of % of usage

IE 52%
Firefox 21%
Safari 15%
Chrome 9%

Glad to hear it. I am guessing IE8 and most up to date?

It's amazing how many people are still using IE7 and IE6 that visit this site. About 16% of the site's users
I have IE8 installed. I just installed Firefox 4.0 Beta 10 to try it out. Seems good so far.

Been working fine for me this morning. Switching back and forth between chrome and firefox.

If I could choose what browser people used to access the site, it would be Firefox or Chrome. I use Chrome.

I'm using Firefox, and it's been slow for me this morning. Last night it was blazing fast. Been waiting a lot for the pages to load this morning.

I'm using Firefox, and it's been slow for me this morning. Last night it was blazing fast. Been waiting a lot for the pages to load this morning.

I just switched to firefox and have been flying around...faster than even Chrome...and I am not hardwired, using my macbook. Then again, I have the fastest connection Qwest offers consumers ;)

Strange. I am using Firefox now and the site knows where I want to go even before I know where I want to go. Its that fast! :)

I think my office uses IE4 or something, but the site is still loading pretty fast.

My report:
HN.com is ripping fast since the move to HostDuplex. Gadgets on which I have ZERO issues include...
BlackBerry Bold 9700 (OS 5) - my posts today, including this one, were made on BB.
Office desktop w/Chrome (a monster rig)
2 laptops w/Chrome
Note: we have a VERY robust cable/fiber service to the home, and my NetGear router is blazing too.
Folks, pls remember, you have to manage & maintain your browsers! They are not 'set it and forget it' things. You have to clean 'em out once every couple of weeks (at a minimum), including cache & cookie dump, history purge, pushed content purge, etc. In Chrome, just go to Tools and Clear Browsing Data, check ALL the boxes, and select 'Everything' in the box. It will keep you flying happily along. Yes, you will need to re-enter passwords, but so what.
Same thing for BlakBerry - clean your browser weekly!
OK, bye.

Latest posts