North Carolina Central RPI - 345 (3rd worst) Record - 7-22
Drake RPI - 197 Record - 13-18
South Carolina State RPI - 210 Record - 16-12
Prairie View RPI - 238 Record - 15-12
Tennesse State RPI - 285 Record - 9-23
Penn State RPI - 208 Record - 11-17
Indiana x2 RPI - 241 Record - 9-20
Northwestern RPI - 93 Record - 19-11

347 Division I teams so only one win against a team that is in the top half of the RPI ratings.

Iowa's RPI at 213 is the 4th worst of teams in the "BCS" conferences

(LSU - 221, Indiana - 241, and DePaul (Big East) - 242)

Last edited:
Here's how I summarize it:

despair.jpg

Our only real decent win at all came over Northwestern, who isn't even going to make the NCAA Tournament barring a BTT title. That really kinda says it all.

That's also why I won't be sold on a better overall record next year unless there is some improvement in the conference record as well. Cupcakes don't matter to me.

..but... we've turned the corner...and the guys have almost learned the system....and there is help on the way NEXT year...... and hopefully the schedule is a bit better..... and if the fans show up and support the program.... and maybe we won’t play on anyone’s ‘senior night’…. and no pesky 9 day lay-offs btw games.... and Lick is gonna bank AT's scholly so we'll save a little money there....:(

Wow...that's really depressing.

Our big win came at home vs NW...by two points. One basket away from no wins over anyone better than 193?....that is flat pathetic for a first year coach,let alone a 3rd year. At least IU beat Pitt....one shining moment...we had only dark moments.

Our big win came at home vs NW...by two points. One basket away from no wins over anyone better than 193?....that is flat pathetic for a first year coach,let alone a 3rd year. At least IU beat Pitt....one shining moment...we had only dark moments.

Actually, to be fair, it was PSU that we beat by a bucket. Didn't we actually beat NW by double digits? But the point remains.

As I said, I wouldn't really even call it a "big" win. Northwestern is an NIT team.

We've lost something like 20+ straight to ranked teams.

Actually, to be fair, it was PSU that we beat by a bucket. Didn't we actually beat NW by double digits? But the point remains.

As I said, I wouldn't really even call it a "big" win. Northwestern is an NIT team.

We've lost something like 20+ straight to ranked teams.

I forgot one more fact -- we are 1-12 on the road or neutral courts.

So the schedule may have resulted in 2 wins we may not have had otherwise, because I am not sure we beat Penn State or Drake in their buildings. Hey we could be 8-22 if the schedule hadn't fallen our way this year.

I forgot one more fact -- we are 1-12 on the road or neutral courts.

So the schedule may have resulted in 2 wins we may not have had otherwise, because I am not sure we beat Penn State or Drake in their buildings. Hey we could be 8-22 if the schedule hadn't fallen our way this year.

Er... what kind of logic is that?
We could have played ALL our games on the road and lost, right?

So what if we played ISU at home, does that mean we would have won?

I don't get the logic.

This madness has to stop...how any AD can support this continuing is beyond me. Alumni questioning the direction of the program. Worst stretch and season ever, no difference makers...why would any boss keep this guy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oOI1_uAzU"]YouTube- Kaidan Alenko Doesn't Like Where This is Going - Mass Effect[/ame]

Latest posts