Successful tailgate run-through last night

Nerd alert? At least this guy is doing something productive...instead of sitting on his butt watching reality TV.

I can't wait for Sept 4th!

Thumbs up Doc. At least you are doing something more productive than checking a Hawkeye message board every 15 minutes. :)

Last night, my brother-in-law and I drove down to Kinnick to set up our new system for our tailgate. Happy to inform, all went as planned with only a few hiccups along the way. We have a Sony Bravia 46" LCD with DirecTV box. Slimeline 5 LNB attached to a SIX FOOT weighted tripod for maximum signal. Avoids those pesky pedestrians as well. Nice Yamaha Receiver and 300W Polk Sub in the back. Spunds tight, picture is incredible. Looking to get our spot on Friday night right at the southwest corner of the stadium in the K/C lot.

Anyone else do anything similar before the season. My wife, while she appreciates the effort you know, still thinks I'm insane. But we have to be ready just like the players have to be ready, right? Anyway, we get about 3 trucks together, have a great spread, couple of tents and of course the TV/stereo and plenty of cold beverages. Anyone is welcome to stop by. But if you don't love it, leave it. USA #1!!!

A heads up: You will have to monitor the television very carefully as the University has a new policy of not allowing anyone under the age of 21 to view beer commercials. If anyone under the age of 21 is within viewing or hearing distance of your setup during a beer commercial, you must either turn the channel or turn the tv off. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your television privileges and possible confiscation of any and all equipment used to violate University policy.

A heads up: You will have to monitor the television very carefully as the University has a new policy of not allowing anyone under the age of 21 to view beer commercials. If anyone under the age of 21 is within viewing or hearing distance of your setup during a beer commercial, you must either turn the channel or turn the tv off. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your television privileges and possible confiscation of any and all equipment used to violate University policy.

wow...that's pretty ridiculous

Quality tail-gating experience is the residue of hard work preparation like this.

KF should have you give the kids day pre- practice pep talk to the team about dedication to your craft.

oops, I forgot the ;)

you would think it wouldnt be needed with something as obvious as that but the cracking down by the University has apparently made everything believable!

Did you hear if a person under 21 even looks at a beer the entire tailgate gets shut down? Be careful

you would think it wouldnt be needed with something as obvious as that but the cracking down by the University has apparently made everything believable!

Did you hear if a person under 21 even looks at a beer the entire tailgate gets shut down? Be careful

It might be time to ban anyone under 21 from getting to the stadium earlier than 20 minutes before kickoff. We wouldn't want them being young and having fun, now would we?

Latest posts