Student Section - Carry on the tradition, fill up your section

nilekinnick

My daughter has been working the UI Football games, for fans that need a questioned answered.

She got a lot of complaints this weekend against Minny
- took 15 minutes to get thru the tunnel
- thought they didn't have enough general admission seats (assuming students were not sitting enough to a row) some wanted their money back.

Yes I went to Iowa in the 80's and many games after.
- yes if you wait til right before kickoff it takes longer getting thru the tunnel
- yes you will get seats higher up in the general admission area

Fearful we will see a big drop this weekend, classes end on Friday and most can go home for Thanksgiving break. I am sure the mid- 30's will turn many more away.

Not just in the student section, but it's too bad if Kinnick isn't filled up this Saturday. This senior class deserves a full house for their final game at Kinnick Stadium. Alas, with Thanksgiving break and bad weather, it probably won't happen. (But it should).

Family and I will do our part.

I can't judge the students too harshly, though. Some of them live pretty far away and it's nice they can get home for a week.

Anyone in town better get their butts in the seats, though. No weather excuses will be granted!!

I called today to get more tickets for our family. The kid on the phone said all of the sidelines are completely full but there are still some left for the endzones. He said they had sold a lot in the last week or so.

My daughter has been working the UI Football games, for fans that need a questioned answered.

She got a lot of complaints this weekend against Minny
- took 15 minutes to get thru the tunnel
- thought they didn't have enough general admission seats (assuming students were not sitting enough to a row) some wanted their money back.

Yes I went to Iowa in the 80's and many games after.
- yes if you wait til right before kickoff it takes longer getting thru the tunnel
- yes you will get seats higher up in the general admission area

Fearful we will see a big drop this weekend, classes end on Friday and most can go home for Thanksgiving break. I am sure the mid- 30's will turn many more away.

I was a student in 2010, which was the last time the students really cared about going to games. I saw this all the time. Students would go up the stairs by me looking for a seat only to come back down because everything was taken. HINT - When you know its a big game, get there earlier.

I called today to get more tickets for our family. The kid on the phone said all of the sidelines are completely full but there are still some left for the endzones. He said they had sold a lot in the last week or so.

I just looked online. There's a about 5 full rows available in the corners of the east sideline. A bunch available in the North endzone and a ton in the south endzone.

Latest posts