Struggling Offenses or Great Defenses?

gdshawkeye09

I'd say the offenses weren't the best but i think it was definitely a smashmouth, big ten defensive battle. Both defenses played extremely well and was really surprised how good MSU played on that side of the ball. The Spartans certainly came to play, but Stanzi wasn't gonna let his team lose. Go Hawks!

I'd say the offenses weren't the best but i think it was definitely a smashmouth, big ten defensive battle. Both defenses played extremely well and was really surprised how good MSU played on that side of the ball. The Spartans certainly came to play, but Stanzi wasn't gonna let his team lose. Go Hawks!

Michigan State definitely has a very good front 7. What surprised me was how good their secondary played tonight. Got to give both defenses credit as they both brought it tonight. But, Stanzi was clutch when we needed him and that is all that matters in the end.

Michigan State definitely has a very good front 7. What surprised me was how good their secondary played tonight. Got to give both defenses credit as they both brought it tonight. But, Stanzi was clutch when we needed him and that is all that matters in the end.
Their secondary surprised me as well. Through most of the game Stanzi was getting pressured in the pocket, forcing him to make tough throws. But even when he had time to throw it seemed like everyone was covered down field. They did and excellent job bottling up Moeaki also.

Their secondary surprised me as well. Through most of the game Stanzi was getting pressured in the pocket, forcing him to make tough throws. But even when he had time to throw it seemed like everyone was covered down field. They did and excellent job bottling up Moeaki also.

I'll third this. I was amazed at how well MSU's secondary played. They had blanket coverage all night. There were not many places for Stanzi to throw the ball.

Thankfully the running game had some momentum tonight, particularly on the left side of the line.

States secondary ranked near the bottom in the Big Ten in pass defense - for them to play like they did tonight was a credit to their prep. This just shows me how dedicated and prepared our Hawks were to pull one like this out! Go Hawks!

On the subject of B10 smash mouth FB....has any other B10 team done this better than Iowa in the last 6-7 years. (not consistently-but as a whole?) Iowa's defense since the end of '02 has just been fantastic. Little ups and downs, but on the whole the Iowa D has been the agressors (or punishers) in the B10. I think.

Latest posts