Story: Iowa Basketball Searching for Reinforcements

Nice article. Nothing too shocking there. Nice to see Fran getting some credit for his ability to spot and develop under-recruited talent.

Getting a center that fits the system, and hopefully one that can come in and start, is by far and away the biggest priority. Assuming we can move Rebracca down to first big off the bench, backing up both spots), then I think we are pretty well set up with a salty 11-man roster. There would be a quality starter and back-up at every position except maybe point (there is talent there, but will it needs to develop). I might be inclined to bank 2 schollies and focus on finding a couple more high school commits for '23.

Well pry resort to bringing in some Junior in High School that guarantees Fran if you give me a Scholly Ill reclassifiy just like Mulvey did.

Well pry resort to bringing in some Junior in High School that guarantees Fran if you give me a Scholly Ill reclassifiy just like Mulvey did.
Yep, that's probably what Fran will do. Its his go to move.

Or maybe he will find some guy that very few other teams are pursuing and turn him into the national player of the year. Fran has done both of these things exactly once, but hey let's be a negative dick and focus on hating Fran whenever possible......

Yep, that's probably what Fran will do. Its his go to move.

Or maybe he will find some guy that very few other teams are pursuing and turn him into the national player of the year. Fran has done both of these things exactly once, but hey let's be a negative dick and focus on hating Fran whenever possible......
You dont find future player of the years that wind up at Iowa through the transfer Portal. I mean we can hope but I dont think there has been a player of the year from the portal yet.