STORY: Hawkeyes Rise Up Against No. 12 Texas Tech in Vegas Invitational

Before moving on to whatever lies ahead with this team, a tip of the hat to Fran thus far. Had the boys focused and playing hard last night. This with all the health issues with this team as well as his own son battling with his recuperation from cancer. Everyone is showing toughness and character including the coach.

I would add CJ into that gritty grouping.

And, I hope we don't have to witness Cordell handling the ball at the top of the key very often.

I don’t disagree with your 4/24 comment. But DePaul was 11/20. These things tend to even out over time. Average the 2 games and it’s 34%.

Side Note - We definitely played better D against TT.
DePaul had three capable guards who could turn on the jets or stroke the three. That was a tough matchup for us and that game got away early.

DePaul had three capable guards who could turn on the jets or stroke the three. That was a tough matchup for us and that game got away early.
Pretty good chance DePaul is ranked next week. They are a bad matchup up for Iowa, and especially if their outside shots are falling and you have to extend the D.

Watching Iowa the last two nights I didn’t notice a glaring footspeed or athleticism issue. The small Ball lineup definitely helps. I feel good about Fredrick, Wieskamp, and Toussaint on defense. Connor can now defend his more natural position of 3s. Garza has made strides defensively. Jbo is what he is on defense but his offense makes up for it. It’s amazing how a few weeks can change the outlook for the season, but I definitely feel better about this team after the weekend.

Latest posts