STORY: Hawkeyes Rise Up Against No. 12 Texas Tech in Vegas Invitational

San Diego at at at 930 tomorrow - they look another tournament team. Their center could be a good match up.for Garza.

San Diego at at at 930 tomorrow - they look another tournament team. Their center could be a good match up.for Garza.

Sometimes it's good to play a team right after they blow a team out. Maybe the laws of averages will get them and they will miss a ton of shots against us. Or maybe they're just really good and will blow our doors off.

Wow what a win. The boys really put on a show. I hope that TT isn't over rated.

I can really say for the first time in a while, I really enjoyed watching this team play. Nose to nose with a very good program and didn't blink. This could be the start of something great. Or they might shoot like sh&% next time out. Just keep playing the D.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe going with the small lineup really helped.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe going with the small lineup really helped.

I'm trying not to over react. Iowa was hitting everything in the first half. TT shot 4/24 from 3 on the day.

It's a really good win no matter what though. Almost definitely a Q1 win.

I'm trying not to over react. Iowa was hitting everything in the first half. TT shot 4/24 from 3 on the day.

It's a really good win no matter what though. Almost definitely a Q1 win.
I don’t disagree with your 4/24 comment. But DePaul was 11/20. These things tend to even out over time. Average the 2 games and it’s 34%.

Side Note - We definitely played better D against TT.

Great win by Iowa. The thing that really impressed me is they won a game in a fashion that I don't remember then doing since Gesell/Woody/Clemmons days. That was a grind em out win with defense, not outscoring a team with hot shooting.

Nice win for the Hawks. Didn't know if Garza could continue to score down low against the better teams but I think that has been put to rest for me. He was able to do his thing and took a beating down low. I thought Fran came out of a time out last night with 2 set plays and the Hawks executed them both. That was huge with Joe to Garza and then JBo coming to the top off a screen and hitting the 3. Hopefully we remember to play defense again tonight. Go Hawks

Gutsy W for the Hawks!

3s and D won it, IMO.

A big key was CJs long 3 as the shot clock was running out down the stretch. Then JBo started going to the line and it was all over.

I liked Fran's post game interview with Casey Jacobson, he laid it all out. He said they knew Tech would keep coming at them down the stretch and they did. In fact, I thought Tech was going to get us at the end. But we hung tough and puled it out.

Sure hope JBo can play a second straight night. I see SD State creamed Creighton and they've been pretty good the last several years so we'll have our hands full with them. Luka 4 stitches? No problem.

And, I believe we are the early game, 7 PM CT, at least that's what my phone says. Kind of different having the championship game first but hey, TV, what can you say?

The toughness and heart by Garza, JBo and even Joe T has made this a grittier team that does not back down. That's huge against better teams.

Gutsy W for the Hawks!

3s and D won it, IMO.

A big key was CJs long 3 as the shot clock was running out down the stretch. Then JBo started going to the line and it was all over.

I liked Fran's post game interview with Casey Jacobson, he laid it all out. He said they knew Tech would keep coming at them down the stretch and they did. In fact, I thought Tech was going to get us at the end. But we hung tough and puled it out.

Sure hope JBo can play a second straight night. I see SD State creamed Creighton and they've been pretty good the last several years so we'll have our hands full with them. Luka 4 stitches? No problem.

And, I believe we are the early game, 7 PM CT, at least that's what my phone says. Kind of different having the championship game first but hey, TV, what can you say?

My phone says Iowa plays at 9:30. That’s how it’s listed on yahoo sports.

After Fredrick made that cold-blooded three to seal the game

Turning around to go back downcourt he and Bobby Hansen smiled at each other

Bobby had a Huge Grin on his face

:cool:

Latest posts