STORY: Hawkeyes Miss Out on Key Recruit Xavier Foster

I don't know who that 2010 recruit was. Honestly it was Ernst, who was a signing in July basically to help fill out the roster, then the last one on scholarship before that was LA Pomlee who was part of one of the worst recruiting classes in ISU history. The dearth of Iowans recruited to ISU, and not only that Iowans who actually contribute is pretty amazing all told.

Ernst: Transferred out after FR year, way over his head.
LA Pomlee: Same.
Clayton Vette: Same.
Ross Marsden: Quit basketball to play club baseball at ISU.
Haluska before that? I mean that's over 15 years ago.

Fred Hoiberg, right? :)

9fd5ba337e61c643d5547343f5e3921c.jpg

He never said he didn't want a degree. But the goal is the NBA, and it should be for someone at his height or athletic ability.

He never said he didn't want a degree. But the goal is the NBA, and it should be for someone at his height or athletic ability.

That’s great, but might wanna worry about dominating class 3A Iowa first. That 14 ppg clip in Iowa HS hoops probably doesn’t have NBA GMs salivating. Like I said, the school part is probably something he and the family should be focused on whether he chose Iowa State or Iowa.

I think the guy just loves the attention. He will get a lot more attention picking Iowa state when he was favored on picking Iowa. Most prima donna eighteen year olds love the attention.

I gotta disagree with this (sorta), while the ultimate goal is the NBA academics should have played a factor as well since a very low percentage of players get the opportunity to play in the NBA. Perhaps it has been a factor and the parents forgot to mention. XF doesn't seem to be an obvious 1 and done type of NBA basketball player but I could be wrong.

I think the guy just loves the attention. He will get a lot more attention picking Iowa state when he was favored on picking Iowa. Most prima donna eighteen year olds love the attention.

This statement is out to lunch. Kid is humble and shies away from attention.

Another fine job by Fran landing top talent.

iu
Fran and his team have Xavier-hangover the way they’ve played the first half vs. DePaul.

No life other than Garza and Kreiner. And they’ve had their share of dumb.

None of the coaches either. Fran does his stiff-neck nose-crinkling look at the clock doing nothing all half and then all of a sudden does his anger blow. ...long sigh...

From what I was able to find, Xavier Foster is the first Iowa product to commit to ISU on scholarship since Brady Ernst in the '15 class. And those two are the only in-state high school players to commit to the Cyclones since the '10 class.
Well, that makes him special, and he must have seen something special in ISU.

A lot more positive takes on his decision that I expected. Seemed like almost everyone was predicting this morning that he was headed to Iowa City.

Iowa only gets sniffs from top recruits. Until we do something significant on the court will we never get anywhere on the recruiting trail. I’m not even optimistic about getting Ogundele at this point.