STORY: Hawkeyes Face Cincinnati in NCAA Tournament

Story with links to interviews with Fran McCaffery and Hawkeye players after Sunday's Selection:

LINK
Rob- The quote from Tyler was pretty random, about being in San Jose with warm weather. Can you expand? I mean, it’s not about basketball and sort of reflects what everyone is worried about with Tyler’s attitude.

I think you mean to say "if Cincinnati is a poor shooting team they will shoot the lights out against Iowa."
This is a game I think Baer should spend a ton of time at 4 and Cook should play the 5. Ideally Cook can drive past their big man and get him in foul trouble.

I cringe thinking about Garza in pick and roll situations on defense. But with Baer at the 4 and Cook at the 5 I think we could pack it in man defense and be okay.

Rob- The quote from Tyler was pretty random, about being in San Jose with warm weather. Can you expand? I mean, it’s not about basketball and sort of reflects what everyone is worried about with Tyler’s attitude.

He was joking. You can watch him talking about it in the video that's linked at the top of this story.

We have to shoot well. Even announcers in the BTT were saying that offense energizes our defense. Perhaps with our overall lack of foot speed it is even more important to avoid as many transition defense situations as possible.

It is sort of an inverted formula to begin with. Most teams tend to use defensive energy to fuel their offense. We do it the other way around.