STORY: Hawkeyes Address Comments from Gary Dolphin

Announcers at blue blood schools say worse things about their players on the air. Fran is an overly sensitive person with an entitled attitude, and Gary Barta needs to take several public relation classes.

It is not difficult to see that Fran would be pissed at Dolph giving Wisconsin fans tickets next to Marge.....

Low-Class Thing To Do by Dolph under any circumstances.....

I still do not have a problem with Woody poking anyone in the eye especially in a brutal BigTen game

Sissies not allowed or tolerated

Just when you thought the Iowa athletics department couldn’t F up a public relations matter worse than it did rhabdo, along comes Gary Dolphin making a few unfortunate — but true — comments on an open mic.

Barta, Fran, Steve Roe and Co. have no clue they just shone the national media spotlight on Fran’s inept recruiting. What break-down point guard would want to come to Iowa now?

If Wisconsin comes in and spanks us, good luck trying to explain that the incident wasn't a distraction to the team.

Barta is going to talk to the media pregame of the B1G opener to discuss further incidents of discontent?

Only Barta. Only Iowa.

It is not difficult to see that Fran would be pissed at Dolph giving Wisconsin fans tickets next to Marge.....

I still do not have a problem with Woody poking anyone in the eye especially in a brutal BigTen game

Yeah, God forbid Dolph give this to someone not pre-approved/pre-screened by Queen Marge.

And some people have problems with Mrs. KF?

Yeah, God forbid Dolph give this to someone not pre-approved/pre-screened by Queen Marge.

And some people have problems with Mrs. KF?
Alford's wife (surprise) may have been the worst. When Kory and Bryce we're playing club ball around Iowa City I've heard she never shut up, from the refs to the coaches to other parents.

I agree with Duke here. Sitting rival fans next to the wife of the coach is a crass move. And asking for trouble. And Margaret has a history going back to her Siena days, although I have not heard of any issues at Iowa.

And I guarantee Dolph told the fans exactly who they were sitting next to. That or it didn't take them too long to figure it out.

Alford's wife (surprise) may have been the worst. When Kory and Bryce we're playing club ball around Iowa City I've heard she never shut up, from the refs to the coaches to other parents.

I agree with Duke here. Sitting rival fans next to the wife of the coach is a crass move. And asking for trouble. And Margaret has a history going back to her Siena days, although I have not heard of any issues at Iowa.

And I guarantee Dolph told the fans exactly who they were sitting next to. That or it didn't take them too long to figure it out.

So what was Dolph supposed to do? Tell his friends, "Sorry, I can't give you my tickets. You're Wisconsin fans attending a Wisconsin game. You might cheer for the wrong team".

Maybe b-ball could have their own version of The Wave, but with Fran's personal touch. At the first TV timeout, everyone stomps, screams and whines at each other. The Tantrum. Maybe one of the Beathards could write a song for it, too.

To ease the tensions in this whole matter, Maishe Dailey should come out an challenge Dolph to a game of one-on-one or "horse" with all proceed going to the kids we wave at after the 1Q. Maishe seems like a class act and could show the grown ups in the room how to put this behind us.

This whole thing couldn't have been handled any worse. Who reviewed Barta's press release and said, "Yeah, this looks good."? The press release itself is worse than anything Dolph said, IMO.

If Wisconsin comes in and spanks us, good luck trying to explain that the incident wasn't a distraction to the team.

Barta is going to talk to the media pregame of the B1G opener to discuss further incidents of discontent?

Only Barta. Only Iowa.
Reminds me of the time in the Major League Movie when the team owner addressed the team right before the game:

So what was Dolph supposed to do? Tell his friends, "Sorry, I can't give you my tickets. You're Wisconsin fans attending a Wisconsin game. You might cheer for the wrong team".

Maybe b-ball could have their own version of The Wave, but with Fran's personal touch. At the first TV timeout, everyone stomps, screams and whines at each other. The Tantrum. Maybe one of the Beathards could write a song for it, too.
I have explained in about 461 posts Wisconsin fans don't think much of Fran as a coach or a person. I live the damn state. I've attended Iowa- Wisconsin games at the Kohl. It's asking for trouble from the get go.

Is it possible that the fans were fine upstanding people just happy to have the privilege of being Dolphin's guests a game? Absolutely. But you never know. One thing for sure. If I were sitting next to Kelli Ryan or Michelle Gard at the Kohl Center I would be on my best behavior. Then again I respect Bo and Greg as coaches.

If Adam Woodbury had intentionally poked me in the eye like that, I would have ended his basketball career with a baseball bat to his knees. If you think potentially losing your vision in 1 eye, isn't worth taking issue with...stop on by and I'll poke you in the eyes. Just for fun. We'll all have a good laugh after you stop bleeding from your eye socket. I might even buy you a beer.

Yeah, I guess that was probably a bad decision letting Connie fans have your tickets next to Fran's wife. She's very opinionated and not shy about expressing those opinions. Loudly.

If Adam Woodbury had intentionally poked me in the eye like that, I would have ended his basketball career with a baseball bat to his knees. If you think potentially losing your vision in 1 eye, isn't worth taking issue with...stop on by and I'll poke you in the eyes. Just for fun. We'll all have a good laugh after you stop bleeding from your eye socket. I might even buy you a beer.

First thing that comes to mind when I think of Adam Woodbury is ninja. If the average man tried to poke a guy in the eye at game speed, he would probably get his chin. But not ninjas like woody.