Story: Eno Benjamin Reviews Iowa Visit, Hawks Still No. 1

Harbaugh says, "Not so fast my friends." :cool:

Seriously though, I've never understood why Iowa doesn't get higher profile RB's. Maybe this will break the seal.

Last edited:

Seriously though, [FONT=Helvetica Neue, arial, sans-serif]I've never understood why Iowa doesn't get higher profile RB's. Maybe this will break the seal.[/FONT]

He sounds like Lee Corso when he says that.

Seriously though, I've never understood why Iowa doesn't get higher profile RB's. Maybe this will break the seal.

I'm sure Harbs already has the popcorn, DVDs and his pajamas picked out for the sleepover.

This is great news, but this will be a recruitment that will go clear to signing day. Heck even if he verbals tomorrow, we will have to battle it out for him until he signs the LOI.

This is great news, but this will be a recruitment that will go clear to signing day. Heck even if he verbals tomorrow, we will have to battle it out for him until he signs the LOI.

I agree deano. I'm pretty sure that EB visited Iowa after UM and he still claims Iowa his number 1. If we do sign this kid, it will go all the way to signing day to battle for him. I don't know if you've seen, or how much you've seen of his film, but he has a characteristic that reminds me of Shonn Greene...he has patience to allow his blocks to evolve. He seems perfect for our system. He also seems to always have "enough" speed.

It may go to the end for programs competing for Benjamin but I doubt Iowa will choose to play that game and I wouldn't blame them. I would guess if Iowa gets his verbal it will be prior to the late innings and yes they will have to play strong defense 'till signing day in that scenario........as they probably will with numerous verbals.

Another strong performance on the field makes all this a bit easier of course.

Eno just announced on Twitter that he will be committing on April 18. I think that's good news for us. Obviously, a long time until signing day but it would be great publicity now if we can get him to verbal.

I like how patient of a runner he is. He sets up and uses his blocks really well. He may not have quite the breakaway speed you'd like from a RB of his size but he's got enough. He's a little bigger then Canzeri weight wise and has good hands so he should be a 3 down guy making him worth every bit of his 4 star rating. I wish he'd just commit already but with recruiting these days it is what it is

Eno quote from Scout article:

"I just think I've seen all of what I had to see. I've been on this recruiting trail since 9th grade and have seen alot, it's only right I shut this down to a school I know enough about and feel good about the future of the program."

Aligns with everything he has said about Iowa to date, seems like a recruiting process that has worked for both sides.

I like how patient of a runner he is. He sets up and uses his blocks really well. He may not have quite the breakaway speed you'd like from a RB of his size but he's got enough. He's a little bigger then Canzeri weight wise and has good hands so he should be a 3 down guy making him worth every bit of his 4 star rating. I wish he'd just commit already but with recruiting these days it is what it is

He has fantastic body control. Great vision too. Really like the looks of him, and from the quote below sounds like a mature kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Just need a good/great year (9+ wins and a solid season ending) and I think '17 could be a very good recruiting year. I just would like to see consistency.

QB play in '17, along with continuing improvement of wr play/talent will be pivotal to the proverbial (next step). I have quite a bit of confidence in most/all other positions.

I don't think it can be overstated how important CJ'S play was for last year. When I think back to 6-8 extremely key plays he made at certain times, I absolutely think he alone was a difference between 12-0 and 1 stop away from B1G title, and maybe a 9 win season.

He has fantastic body control. Great vision too. Really like the looks of him, and from the quote below sounds like a mature kid with a good head on his shoulders.
Exactly. Balance and vision are the two things that I think separate RBs. RBs with 4.5 speed or better are a dime a dozen. It's their first two steps and how quick they are to get to their full speed when they have a hole and then running with their eyes after that which is hard to evaluate between HS and college.

Eno just announced on Twitter that he will be committing on April 18. I think that's good news for us. Obviously, a long time until signing day but it would be great publicity now if we can get him to verbal.

I agree. It could give our class a good boost heading into summer.

Tomorrow appears to be zero hour for Eno. Let's hope it's the Hawks. Eno has publicly listed us as #1 for some time, now, so I hope we get the nod.

Latest posts