STORY: Aaron Graves Iowa's First '22 Commitment

He has moved up to #94 nationally on 247 and is a 5.9 on Rivals (6.0 is a 5-star).
He played Sheldon last night in Gowrie and absolutely destroyed them (Sheldon is in my part of the state and I know some of their parents so I watched it since Graves was playing). They had him at NT instead of his normal DE for the first half and most of the 3rd quarter and there was no stopping him. Being a playoff game I’m guessing they wanted him in the middle to prevent Sheldon from loading up the weak side and running quick pitches. Didn’t matter in the least. Sheldon’s line sucks (pretty bad team as a whole) and Graves just blew everything up.

It was a continuous clock after like 2:00 into the 2nd half and Sheldon’s score was a garbage time scramble against their freshman and JV players.

They don’t really have any other standouts but Graves just single handedly carries that SE Valley team like a one man wrecking crew.

Apparently he legit measures out at 6’6” 270#

He played Sheldon last night in Gowrie and absolutely destroyed them (Sheldon is in my part of the state and I know some of their parents so I watched it since Graves was playing). They had him at NT instead of his normal DE for the first half and most of the 3rd quarter and there was no stopping him. Being a playoff game I’m guessing they wanted him in the middle to prevent Sheldon from loading up the weak side and running quick pitches. Didn’t matter in the least. Sheldon’s line sucks (pretty bad team as a whole) and Graves just blew everything up.

It was a continuous clock after like 2:00 into the 2nd half and Sheldon’s score was a garbage time scramble against their freshman and JV players.

They don’t really have any other standouts but Graves just single handedly carries that SE Valley team like a one man wrecking crew.

Apparently he legit measures out at 6’6” 270#
In the article I read about him, it mentioned that they don't know yet if he'll be playing on the OL or the DL, but it seems like he'll be a stud on either side. It seems like a good possibility he'll play early.

In the article I read about him, it mentioned that they don't know yet if he'll be playing on the OL or the DL, but it seems like he'll be a stud on either side. It seems like a good possibility he'll play early.
I root for NW Iowa teams in the postseason but I have to admit I was happy to see the kid kick some serious ass as a Hawkeye commit