Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 11

SteveDeace

Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks – Week 12

Last week: 4-5
Overall: 65-47 (58% winners)
Best Bets: 7-4 (64% winners)

Odds are based on opening lines and home team is in all CAPS.

IOWA STATE +27 over Oklahoma State
The situation here greatly favors the Cyclones, who are averaging over 300 yards rushing per game since making the switch to a more mobile quarterback. Two weeks ago, Kansas State scored 42 points in regulation versus the Cowboys running a similar offensive scheme. This is also a look-ahead game for the Cowboys, with Bedlam on deck. Oklahoma State 45, Iowa State 24

Nebraska-MICHIGAN under 51
Two of the best defenses in the Big Ten square off in a game featuring opposing quarterbacks struggling in the passing game. Nebraska’s last 5 games have gone under the total, as have 4 straight for the Wolverines. I am 6-4 picking Michigan games ATS this season. Michigan 24, Nebraska 20

GEORGIA -29.5 over Kentucky
Laying the wood against the Wildcats has been a successful proposition this season, and the Dawgs should be focused playing for a berth in the SEC Championship after a 0-2 start. Kentucky is just 1-7 ATS in last 8 road games. Georgia 42, Kentucky 10

Penn State-OHIO STATE under 39.5
A battle between two solid defenses who also have one-dimensional offenses. The under is 8-1-1 ATS in the Nittany Lions’ last 10 games. Ohio State 17, Penn State 10

TENNESSEE +1 over Vanderbilt
This is still a rivalry game, and one the Volunteers aren’t used to losing. It has to be a motivating factor for them to practice all week knowing they’re an underdog at home to Vanderbilt for the first time since man discovered fire. Tennessee 24, Vanderbilt 17

MISSISSIPPI +30 over LSU
That’s a lot of points for a team without an explosive offense to lay on the road, especially with a key game against Arkansas on deck. Don’t forget Ole Miss took the Razorbacks down to the wire in Oxford a month ago. LSU 35, Mississippi 13

TEXAS -7 over Kansas State
Revenge game as well as a rebound game for the Longhorns. Last year the Wildcats were leading Texas 39-0 at one point, and have won three straight. Longhorns will look to get their mojo back after an ugly 17-5 loss at Missouri. Texas 28, Kansas State 17

Arizona +14.5 over ARIZONA STATE
Sun Devils have been in a freefall past few weeks, and last year salvaged their season by upsetting instate rival Arizona on the road. Now it’s the Wildcats’ turn. This has been a series for the road team, which is a 68% proposition ATS since 1996. Arizona 28, Arizona State 27

ILLINOIS +13.5 over Wisconsin
Home team has won 3 straight in the series, and the Illini still have the better defense here and are playing at home in a game that could be for their head coach’s job. Wisconsin’s soft defense on the road has them on upset alert, just like when I correctly predicted losses to Michigan State and Ohio State. Wisconsin 27, Illinois 20

Best Bet—N.C. STATE +10 over Clemson
This is a classic sandwich game and letdown all in one. Tigers are in between games that matter to them, coming off last week’s division-clinching win over Wake Forest with arch-rival South Carolina on deck. Clemson 23, N.C. State 21

Actually, Jantz is more mobile, Barnett just hasn't turned the ball over as much and runs the zone read better.

Come on Deace you are better than this, I had to stop reading after this for the Neb/Mich game:

Two of the best defenses in the Big Ten square off

If you consider these Nebraska defense numbers in conference only games as one of the best then I guess you would be correct:

Scoring D: 6th out of 12
Total D: 7th out of 12
Rushing D: 9th out of 12
Passing D: 3rd out of 12
Pass efficiency D: 3rd out of 12
Sacks by: 10th out of 12
Opp 3rd down conversions: 7th out of 12

Nothing about this Nebraska D shows it is one of the best in the Big Ten, it is average at best.

I picked ISU to cover and Purdue to cover...

Bet More Win More

Nebbie's D is down due to losing a couple of guys in the secondary to graduation and Crick (sp?) going down a few weeks ago. Personally I would love to see Nebbie lose almost every game so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I'm going to make up my own rules for EVERYTHING IN LIFE from now on.
I'm a deaceciple!

I'm going to make up my own rules for EVERYTHING IN LIFE from now on.
I'm a deaceciple!

Don't forget to hate Teh Gay!

images

Latest posts