Still players in the hospital?

HaydensHawk

What is that 4 or 5 days..?

This is not good..... If the Iowa doesn't get sued, I would be shocked.

I think Doyle is going to have to go as a proactive step by the UofI... I think we will see it soon.

yeah, fire the staff. that's the answer. sacrificial lambs......doesn't matter that this has been in practice the whole time Doyle has run the show. former hawks have testified to such.

if we'd have listened to morans like you and fired someone every time joe fan had a kneejerk reaction to something like this, we'd be out of staff.

b4 we go Hosni and fire the cabinet to save ourselves....let's find out just what the facts are.

No offense to you guys, but you have no idea how political this issue is. This issue is not going away soon.... This is NOT the same workout that has been run in the past.

I think Doyle is going to have to go as a proactive step by the UofI... I think we will see it soon.

Another 'Joe-Knee-Jerk'.....

OK,,, how do you prove your case exactly? The injured players will have to disclose their hydration levels, supplement intakes, alcohol intake, diet, etc. This work out has been done many times in the past without incident. It was done by other players during this time without incident. From what I understand similar workouts have and are being done throughout other college football programs. How many total players have ended up in the hospital nationwide from working out with a program similar to this?

No offense to you guys, but you have no idea how political this issue is. This issue is not going away soon.... This is NOT the same workout that has been run in the past.

How do YOU know this was different?

Please tell us if you have an inside source . No naming names of course.

Do you know a player? Coach?

How was the program different?

How do YOU know this was different?

Please tell us if you have an inside source . No naming names of course.

oou know a player? Coach?

How was the program different?

i just posed same. it is interesting that former players all named what they went thru, said they went thru the same, yet this guy knows it was different.

Hopefully he'll come thru with some detail that clears it up for us simpletons.

i just posed same. it is interesting that former players all named what they went thru, said they went thru the same, yet this guy knows it was different.

Hopefully he'll come thru with some detail that clears it up for us simpletons.

Let's all hold our breath as we wait for enlightenment from the grand wazoo, eventually we will be at the same intellectual level as he.

Last edited:

political?

Our "fish bowl" that is Iowa leads to more grandiose media stories than the majority of the country, couple that with a down year in Basketball and you get nut jobs such as yourself that emerge from the woodwork. If I were to set the odds on ANY staff changes it would be less than 1/25 -if there would be a change it would be highly likely that it wouldn't even be related to the players hospitalization.

Doyle, KF, & Barta will all be here in the foreseeable future. (I wouldn't want to give those same odds regarding O'Keefe :D)

I'm Hawkeye to the core, but I'm not going to bury my head and ignore how serious this is. Former players say they have been through the same kind of workout... They weren't in THIS workout. The players that went through this workout are no longer talking.

I'm Hawkeye to the core, but I'm not going to bury my head and ignore how serious this is. Former players say they have been through the same kind of workout... They weren't in THIS workout. The players that went through this workout are no longer talking.

Which workouts were you in? The ones in the past, or the current sessions?

I apologize for attempting to inject a bit of rational discussion and facts into all this, but the truth is Doyle and Ferentz are among the most ethical and highly respected people in their professions. They have earned the benefit of the doubt.

About 100 Iowa football players did the same workout that hospitalized 13. As TV's brilliant eccentric Dr. House might conclude, there must be something unique to those 13. Was it environmental? Was it diet or alcohol related? It would seem logical that some commonality exists to create such an anomaly.

Why didn't the other 87 or so players suffer this same result? Why has this workout been done for at least 5 years at Iowa and numerous other schools around the country without incident?

If -- and even Dr. House fails to find the cause of physical disorders all the time -- the catalyst for this incident is discovered, I am confident it will have to do with factors beyond the control of the University of Iowa. So rather than throw people under the bus, how about showing a bit of intelligence and fairness and wait to see what the investigation shows.

I apologize for attempting to inject a bit of rational discussion and facts into all this, but the truth is Doyle and Ferentz are among the most ethical and highly respected people in their professions. They have earned the benefit of the doubt.

About 100 Iowa football players did the same workout that hospitalized 13. As TV's brilliant eccentric Dr. House might conclude, there must be something unique to those 13. Was it environmental? Was it diet or alcohol related? It would seem logical that some commonality exists to create such an anomaly.

Why didn't the other 87 or so players suffer this same result? Why has this workout been done for at least 5 years at Iowa and numerous other schools around the country without incident?

If -- and even Dr. House fails to find the cause of physical disorders all the time -- the catalyst for this incident is discovered, I am confident it will have to do with factors beyond the control of the University of Iowa. So rather than throw people under the bus, how about showing a bit of intelligence and fairness and wait to see what the investigation shows.

All players injured were in the same session..... Workout sessions are not all guys together.

Great post, I doubt if much of it penetrates the thick fog surrounding the OP's
mental grasp of the situation.

Jeez...

Even in cases of purely exertional rhabdo, without acute renal failure, patients can be in the hospital for treatment and monitoring for a week (if not longer, I suppose). It all depends on how the doctors feel about the patients muscle pain/soreness, the levels of CK, AST, electrolytes in their blood, and their kidney function.

Iowa may get sued by a family of a player, or they may not. We can't tell yet. But just because there are players still in the hospital after 4 days, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Latest posts