Stick a fork in Iowa

You can mock it all you want, but it was a good hire. He has the experience and track record. Hopefully he can get it done.

You can mock it all you want, but it was a good hire. He has the experience and track record. Hopefully he can get it done.

Mock? Who is mocking? You take a program on the rise that had a young team and add a wily veteran coach like Mangino to the staff and you've got the recipe for a top 15 program.

"Stick a fork in Iowa"

That is not funny ok4p, making fun of Mangino like that! You should be a shamed of yourself.

Mock? Who is mocking? You take a program on the rise that had a young team and add a wily veteran coach like Mangino to the staff and you've got the recipe for a top 15 program.

Agreed, Texas and Okie have to be shaking in their boots. ISU is going to be the next Central Florida.

No wonder he got the job. Mangino will fit right in with ISU's Director of Turdletics. From Wikipedia:

[h=3]High school referee incident[/h] On September 21, 2002, Mangino yelled at the officiating crew assigned to the Lawrence High SchoolOlathe East football game in which Mangino's son, Tommy, was playing. Mangino apparently became angry after referees failed to call what he believed was a late hit on Tommy, the Lawrence High quarterback.
Lawrence High School officials took undisclosed action against Mangino after the game for violating a Kansas High School rule barring abuse of game officials by coaches, players and fans.[SUP][17][/SUP]

Agreed, Texas and Okie have to be shaking in their boots. ISU is going to be the next Central Florida.

No doubt. With Ankeny splitting into two high schools and growing rapidly, I expect it to regularly churn out talent on par with the entire state of Florida inside of 5 years. Local hero CPR plus Mangino and Wally running the offensive and defensive units will utilize this talent very effectively. Soon ESPN will be doing multiple reports on the stretch of I-35 between Ankeny and Ames wherein they will nickname it "The Pipeline." Barilla is gonna get a lot of free advertising.

No wonder he got the job. Mangino will fit right in with ISU's Director of Turdletics. From Wikipedia:

High school referee incident

On September 21, 2002, Mangino yelled at the officiating crew assigned to the Lawrence High SchoolOlathe East football game in which Mangino's son, Tommy, was playing. Mangino apparently became angry after referees failed to call what he believed was a late hit on Tommy, the Lawrence High quarterback.
Lawrence High School officials took undisclosed action against Mangino after the game for violating a Kansas High School rule barring abuse of game officials by coaches, players and fans.[SUP][17][/SUP]

Hey, if you haven't been kicked out of or at least censured at a high school football game, you are pretty much a failure at life. Fran got kicked out of the game last night, so stop throwing stones when you live in a glass house, bud.

High school referee incident

On September 21, 2002, Mangino yelled at the officiating crew assigned to the Lawrence High School–Olathe East football game in which Mangino's son, Tommy, was playing. Mangino apparently became angry after referees failed to call what he believed was a late hit on Tommy, the Lawrence High quarterback.

This coming from a Fran McCaffrey supporter is just classic. Great job! You should be proud.

No doubt. With Ankeny splitting into two high schools and growing rapidly, I expect it to regularly churn out talent on par with the entire state of Florida inside of 5 years. Local hero CPR plus Mangino and Wally running the offensive and defensive units will utilize this talent very effectively. Soon ESPN will be doing multiple reports on the stretch of I-35 between Ankeny and Ames wherein they will nickname it "The Pipeline." Barilla is gonna get a lot of free advertising.

Now that Brian is gone maybe KF should throw some big money to someone with local ties to that area. We might even need to have a coach only responsible for that area. Fertile grounds are fertile.

Meanwhile, at Hickory Park - "No, tell Robert Irvine we don't want to be on Restaurant Impossible anymore. The Iowa State football program has just cured our financial woes."
Even though you are being a smart ***, the football team does help them financially -- every sunday each player gets a meal from hickory park after their workouts/video.

This coming from a Fran McCaffrey supporter is just classic. Great job! You should be proud.

As far as I know Fran hasn't been run off from a school for verbally abusing the kids on the team.....I think Mangino cooked em and ate em after roasting em.

Typical win at all cost attitude at ISU.

Now that Brian is gone maybe KF should throw some big money to someone with local ties to that area. We might even need to have a coach only responsible for that area. Fertile grounds are fertile.

Today is Black Monday. It was very cold across the upper Midwest and it is the day Iowa football's fate was sealed.

Hey hoffa - little fun fact - Iowa State has more wins against Oklahoma than Alabama does.

I hope we all enjoyed last season. With today's announcement Iowa will be lucky to see anything better than six wins from now on.

I hope we all enjoyed last season. With today's announcement Iowa will be lucky to see anything better than six wins from now on.

Initially, yes, as CPR will come after our recruits first. But after 3 years, I'm hoping that CPR siphons talent equally from Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin so we'll still be able to be competitive in our division.

Latest posts