Stewie Mandel picks Ga Tech

DeanMarshall

Stewie doesn't think Iowa's offense can keep up the Ga Tech's scoring.

Hmmmmmmm............

Well, no worries, Stewie is less than .500 on his Bowl picks, thus far.

:)

LET'S GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Whenever a team with a great defense goes against a team with a great offense the team with the great defense usually wins.

The phrase "defense wins championships" is a tried and true statement.

That said, I think Iowa beats Georgia Tech unless the Iowa offense self destructs.

This is said a lot..

Whenever a team with a great defense goes against a team with a great offense the team with the great defense usually wins.

The phrase "defense wins championships" is a tried and true statement.

That said, I think Iowa beats Georgia Tech unless the Iowa offense self destructs.

but is it true? Without a lot of research, it's kind of impossible to say. Off the top of my head Texas beat Nebraska this year, and Nebbie had the great defense and Texas a great offense. Last year in the NFL playoffs Arizona (with a great offense but below-average defense) went into Philadelphia (with the third-ranked defense) and the Cardinals won 32-25.

Of course defense is an integral part of winning championships. But so is offense.

I am sure you would have posted the same thing if he would have picked the Hawks to win! :D

Let's just say that I hope Stewie is wrong. Generally, I like his work, really, better than most w/ CNNSI.

Now that Insight bowl is a tough nut to crack. What's the inside story cyclone 17? ISU's first bowl game in a while and going up against the greatest coach in history of college football (according to him) in Tim Brewster.

Let's just say that I hope Stewie is wrong. Generally, I like his work, really, better than most w/ CNNSI.

Now that Insight bowl is a tough nut to crack. What's the inside story cyclone 17? ISU's first bowl game in a while and going up against the greatest coach in history of college football (according to him) in Tim Brewster.

Wish I had the inside story. I am usually down on my Clones for obvious reasons. They disappoint more times than not.

I like for them to win for a couple different reasons. I think they are better coached, I think the game means more to ISU, and I think the extra practice time benefits ISU more due to them being under a 1st year coaching staff. That and Iowa State will out number Gopher fans 5 to 1

Wish I had the inside story. I am usually down on my Clones for obvious reasons. They disappoint more times than not.

I like for them to win for a couple different reasons. I think they are better coached, I think the game means more to ISU, and I think the extra practice time benefits ISU more due to them being under a 1st year coaching staff. That and Iowa State will out number Gopher fans 5 to 1

You're usually not UP on anything....just down on everyone else's opinion of the Hawks.

Re: This is said a lot..

but is it true? Without a lot of research, it's kind of impossible to say. Off the top of my head Texas beat Nebraska this year, and Nebbie had the great defense and Texas a great offense. Last year in the NFL playoffs Arizona (with a great offense but below-average defense) went into Philadelphia (with the third-ranked defense) and the Cardinals won 32-25.

Of course defense is an integral part of winning championships. But so is offense.

If not for Nebraska's defense the Cornhuskers would not have been in position to beat Texas down the stretch. The game was decided on a last second field goal with the ball passing just inside the left upright.

From my observation the team with a great defense usually, but not always, wins the game against a team with a great offense. Ohio State and Iowa both have very good defenses and the teams finished 1, 2 in the Big Ten conference. Alabama has one of the top defenses in the country and they are playing in the NC game. Nebraska whose offense is so-so won the Big Twelve North with a very good defense. The Texas defense isn't too shabby either.

Granted, on ocassion a team with a great offense will beat a team with a great defense. But it seems to me the team with a great defense on average has the advantage.

If I had to choose one over the other I would take a great defense over a great offense.

Re: This is said a lot..

If not for Nebraska's defense the Cornhuskers would not have been in position to beat Texas down the stretch. The game was decided on a last second field goal with the ball passing just inside the left upright.

From my observation the team with a great defense usually, but not always, wins the game against a team with a great offense. Ohio State and Iowa both have very good defenses and the teams finished 1, 2 in the Big Ten conference. Alabama has one of the top defenses in the country and they are playing in the NC game. Nebraska whose offense is so-so won the Big Twelve North with a very good defense. The Texas defense isn't too shabby either.

Granted, on ocassion a team with a great offense will beat a team with a great defense. But it seems to me the team with a great defense on average has the advantage.

If I had to choose one over the other I would take a great defense over a great offense.

Latest posts