Stewart Mandel Story

Lexhawk

Stewart Mandel has come over from the dark side. He writes:

You'd think I would have learned by now never to doubt Iowa. Silly me. Early in the third quarter Saturday, after Ricky Stanzi's third of five interceptions set up Indiana at the Hawkeyes' four-yard line with a chance to possibly go up 28-7, I made the mistake of posting this prophecy on Twitter: "I don't see Iowa comeback happening today. Their offense, not that great to begin with, is all out of sorts. Four [turnovers]."

Three plays later, Indiana quarterback Ben Chappell's pass bounced off three different players at the line of scrimmage and landed in the hands of Iowa safety Tyler Sash, who returned it 86 yards for a touchdown.

Someone is definitely smiling on these Hawkeyes, who improved to 9-0 on Saturday despite the worst possible first half, despite its quarterback throwing five interceptions (four in the third quarter), despite Chappell shredding its previously stingy defense for three quarters. As if on cue, the Hawkeyes, down 24-14 late in the third quarter, rolled off four straight fourth-quarter touchdowns (the first two coming on long Stanzi touchdown passes) against a hard-luck Hoosiers (4-5) team that blew a 28-3 lead to Northwestern just a week earlier. Final score: 42-24.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...a-comeback/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0VYiToANU
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

That pick 6 was uncanny. I don't really think higher powers give a crap about sports but there was something wierd going on that game.

Latest posts