Stevie and the Lobos

HawkMD2007

Alfraud has the Lobos at 21-4 and just knocked off # 13 San Diego State @ San Diego. looking to an NCAA bid.:eek: Don't know how he does it...

I watched the game. Refs were horrible. Sdsu was off an d couldn't walk and chew gum. Despite that afford just about ****** another big lead down his leg when he started chewing out his players with 15 to go. Sdsu had a shot at getting the lead to 4 with 2:30 to go and their big man missed a wide open layup. Wide open.

With that said new Mexico has a kid (Williams) that can flat out play. They also have e a big man transfer from the pac 12 that is damn good too. They will be a 7-10 seed for sure.

Steve is a very smart guy who knows an incredible amount about basketball. just because he was a Dick doesn't mean he was a terrible coach.

Steve is a very smart guy who knows an incredible amount about basketball. just because he was a Dick doesn't mean he was a terrible coach.

He may know how to play basketball but the guy still can't coach basketball. Watch a game, nothing has changed. He doesn't run the huddles during a TO, Noodles does. He still allows opponents to make big runs without calling a TO to stem the tide. And I'm not talking in an occasional game or two, its nearly every game. He chews out his players and not in a constructive manner. If you watched the game last night you would know what I'm talking about. He ripped into his players in the 2nd half and the players were like a frickin deer in headlights wondering what in the hell he was talking about. SDSU then went on a solid run and got the game close. The players were actually designing plays in the huddle...no ****! The Williams kid was designing a play late in the game for himself and alford just sat back and watched.

They play in a mediocre conference at best. UNLV, SDSU and New Mexico are the only three teams that would even be considered to be good. SDSU is ridiculously athletic and play sick defense. They can't shoot and their big has knee problems. The big is also the kid that missed a bunny that would have given SDSU the momentum late in the game. He then missed another fairly easy putback on the next possession and the rest was history.

You'd enjoy life more if you worried less about the success Alford is having @ New Mexico and concentrated more on watching Fran rebuild a program.

The past is the past, Alford has moved on - many of you need to as well.

He may know how to play basketball but the guy still can't coach basketball. Watch a game, nothing has changed. He doesn't run the huddles during a TO, Noodles does. He still allows opponents to make big runs without calling a TO to stem the tide. And I'm not talking in an occasional game or two, its nearly every game. He chews out his players and not in a constructive manner. If you watched the game last night you would know what I'm talking about. He ripped into his players in the 2nd half and the players were like a frickin deer in headlights wondering what in the hell he was talking about. SDSU then went on a solid run and got the game close. The players were actually designing plays in the huddle...no ****! The Williams kid was designing a play late in the game for himself and alford just sat back and watched.

They play in a mediocre conference at best. UNLV, SDSU and New Mexico are the only three teams that would even be considered to be good. SDSU is ridiculously athletic and play sick defense. They can't shoot and their big has knee problems. The big is also the kid that missed a bunny that would have given SDSU the momentum late in the game. He then missed another fairly easy putback on the next possession and the rest was history.

Wyoming is pretty good too. This whole post is so bitter that it's funny. Alford is 73-22 in the last three years. He's a good coach, the reason he didn't work out at Iowa has nothing to do with the on the court results.

idk. I enjoy life about as much as one can. I despise alford and what he did to the Iowa basketball program. My dislike for him doesn't add any stress to my life, but it does **** me off when *** hats on this board try to defend the guy like he simply had a bad break while at Iowa.

We were a top 25 team and had national relevance. We had a history of making the NCAA tournament and winning games once there for 20+ years prior to him arriving on the scene.

He ****** off the fan base, the boosters and the players.

It had everything to do with on the court results. Stevie was and still is a great regular season coach, but when it comes to the "big dance" he just isn't getting it done.

Alford is a good coach. I was impressed that after everything that happened, he still grants interviews with Dolph from time to time. He had great things to say about Cole last year on senior day, and he also had a lot of good things to say about the 86-87 team a few weeks ago.

Personally, I always liked Alford even though I don't think he was relatively ready for the Iowa job when Bowlsby gave it to him. Yes he made mistakes. What young coach hasn't? Would he thrive at a bigger school now? All we can do is speculate at this time. But I think he would be smart to stay at NM for a while. He's got it pretty cushy there.

Latest posts