Steve Deace is Nuts

ChosenChildren

I'm just not buying the Michigan hype. They beat a very average Connecticut team and they were lucky to defeat a very poor Notre Dame team. Yes, "Shoelace" is a threat but their defense is porous at best and they really have no running game other than the QB. Deace is ready to crown them national champions.

Let's wait until they play a good team (which isn't going to happen for awhile).

I still think Michigan is a second division Big Ten team.

In fairness, I think he still said they'll likely lose to more physical teams like Iowa, OSU, and possibly Wisconsin. You have to figure they'll probably drop another one along the way somewhere, but 8-4 seems pretty reasonable for them right now.

In fairness, I think he still said they'll likely lose to more physical teams like Iowa, OSU, and possibly Wisconsin. You have to figure they'll probably drop another one along the way somewhere, but 8-4 seems pretty reasonable for them right now.

That's assuming Robinson makes it through the schedule unscathed. Personally, I don't think that's a safe assumption considered the amount of times he's been toting the rock.

I'm reserving judgment on Michigan. They started off hot lost year, too, when Forcier was going to be great, and then they died off.

I agree, once Robinson starts facing defenses with a pulse he's going to really start to feel it. boy if he gets hurt, Michigan is gonna be ina world of trouble.

I'm just not buying the Michigan hype. They beat a very average Connecticut team and they were lucky to defeat a very poor Notre Dame team. Yes, "Shoelace" is a threat but their defense is porous at best and they really have no running game other than the QB. Deace is ready to crown them national champions.

Let's wait until they play a good team (which isn't going to happen for awhile).

I still think Michigan is a second division Big Ten team.

So what's your take on Iowa then? I would imagine that ND > ISU and UConn > EIU by a fair margin.

Nobody is tested at this point.

My take on Iowa is that they are good. They beat a lot of quality ranked teams last year (Penn State, Wisconsin Georgia Tech) and played Ohio State tough in their stadium without their starting QB. There is no reason to think that Iowa won't be competitive against the good teams this year.

Michigan did not beat any good teams last year, and were absolutely blown out by Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State. No team can improve that much in one year ---

Remember, Tate Forcier was touted as the next big thing before he came to Kinnick last year too. I would be more worried about Robinson if UM wasn't holding public tryouts right now on campus to patch up their defense.

So what's your take on Iowa then? I would imagine that ND > ISU and UConn > EIU by a fair margin.

Nobody is tested at this point.

Why is Notre Dame better than Iowa State? Notre Dame was 6-6 last year with no bowl game and lost Clausen and Tate. Iowa State won a bowl game and returns their o-line, experienced quarterback and running back.

What are you basing that on? Just because they have the Notre Dame jersey doesn't put talent in the players. It wasn't too many years ago that Penn State was a complete pushover in the big ten.

Our defense is better than their offense.

Our offense is better than their defense.

We will score more points then them.

Robinson can have 600 yards, as long as we score more points then them we win.

Look at what ND did in the second half. He racked up huge yardage and they only got 7 points.

If NDs weaker defense can do that, I have no doubt that one such as ours can handle it.

Plus they had 99 yards of penalties. They just aren't a very well coached team.

Michigan went 4-0 non-con last year.

1-7 in the Big Ten.

They are looking good right now, but we shall see.

My take on Iowa is that they are good. They beat a lot of quality ranked teams last year (Penn State, Wisconsin Georgia Tech) and played Ohio State tough in their stadium without their starting QB. There is no reason to think that Iowa won't be competitive against the good teams this year.

Michigan did not beat any good teams last year, and were absolutely blown out by Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State. No team can improve that much in one year ---

They have to improve three points more than Iowa this year and by one in regulation over MSU to win both of those games. That is a ridiculous measuring stick anyway. It's almost like trying to see how teams match up by how a previous game turned out.

They were not blown out by OSU. OSU got one of their TDs off a fumble in the endzone. I think Michigan turned it over twice in OSUs redzone as well. It was not a blow out if you watched the game.

Wisconsin and PSU, yes, those were ugly. That was the thing with Forcier. He could win a game for you or completely pigeonhole you like he did against OSU and Iowa. I don't see Robinson doing that. He isn't a gambler like that it doesn't seem. I also don't think anyone is giving the Michigan Oline enough credit either. Their best lineman was injured last year andeveryone else just got better. I think by the time Iowa rolls around they will have solid production by running backs and will be a little more balanced in that respect. People want to talk about DR running the football but I have been equally impressed with his decision making throwing the ball. He has made one mistake in terms of decsions. He just hasn't gambled. If you stop him from running you will have to sacrifice some passing yards. I think he is good enough to take advantage of that.

Why is Notre Dame better than Iowa State? Notre Dame was 6-6 last year with no bowl game and lost Clausen and Tate. Iowa State won a bowl game and returns their o-line, experienced quarterback and running back.

Crist>Arnaud
Floyd>Better than everyone except Julio Jones
Te'o>Better than any ISU LB
Allen=ARob if not better

They are better. They are more explosive which would be the biggest difference.

FWIW, I think UCONN will end up being a bigger win this year. That game was not as close as the score indicates. I also feel a littl ebetter they won 62-3 last week.

Crist>Arnaud
Floyd>Better than everyone except Julio Jones
Te'o>Better than any ISU LB
Allen=ARob if not better

They are better. They are more explosive which would be the biggest difference.

FWIW, I think UCONN will end up being a bigger win this year. That game was not as close as the score indicates. I also feel a littl ebetter they won 62-3 last week.

Not as close? That game should have been a one score game going into the fourth, but UConn fumbled inside UM's 5 right at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I think DR is a talent, but I don't think it ever bodes well when one player accounts for 85% of a team's offense. No balance.

Latest posts