Sterup gets offer from Huskers

Re: Sterup gets offer from Husksers

Only chance is that Iowa offered first and NU has 4 OL already. I think hopes went from high to pretty low.

"but your saying there's a chance". Never say never.

Only chance is that Iowa offered first and NU has 4 OL already. I think hopes went from high to pretty low.

"but your saying there's a chance". Never say never.

hawkfarmer -

I think that the bigger chance is that Nebby just took on 3 OTs in last years recruiting class and that's to go along with another 3 more the year before. In contrast, I really believe that Scherff will most likely land at OG and Donnal is the sole guy from the prior recruiting class slated to play OT from Iowa's '10 class. Then, from Iowa's '09 class, only MacMillan and Van Sloten are really slated to be at OT.

Thus, between quality of coaches and amount of opportunity ... I really do believe that Iowa can offer Sterup more. However, on the flip side, in-state kids in Nebraska are almost invariably Husker locks ... especially when the Husker nation is in a good mood.

hawkfarmer -

I think that the bigger chance is that Nebby just took on 3 OTs in last years recruiting class and that's to go along with another 3 more the year before. In contrast, I really believe that Scherff will most likely land at OG and Donnal is the sole guy from the prior recruiting class slated to play OT from Iowa's '10 class. Then, from Iowa's '09 class, only MacMillan and Van Sloten are really slated to be at OT.

Thus, between quality of coaches and amount of opportunity ... I really do believe that Iowa can offer Sterup more. However, on the flip side, in-state kids in Nebraska are almost invariably Husker locks ... especially when the Husker nation is in a good mood.

I meant to say 4 OL in this class. Yes I think that there are less people in front of him at Iowa, and I would think that would matter. But we've seen kids go to tOSU when they took that top 2 recruits at the same position in the same class. Or have taken the #1 recruit at taht pos. the last 3 classes.

I hope that he still considers Iowa, but I think the Nebraska pull you speak of is Big time. Kind of like the Iowa pull to Iowa kids (probably not as much though)

I guess we have no shot because we cant put any offensive linemen in the NFL lately. cough cough.

If he wants to make $ later on, there isnt a better place to go right now in CFB than IOWA

I guess we have no shot because we cant put any offensive linemen in the NFL lately. cough cough.

If he wants to make $ later on, there isnt a better place to go right now in CFB than IOWA

If that were really the case then we should be getting the top OL every year. Kids think if they're good enough they can make it and they listen to sales pitches a lot. Not saying this isn't true or it doesn't help, but I don't think it is as simple as that to a lot of kids. Some need a coach that is a friend (Zook) or like the sexy styles. Some kids know what Iowa can do for them. But it's not as cut and dry as you make it sound.

Some kids just want to go back home after college. A lot of different motivations out there; unfortunately, they're not always aligned with us Hawkeye fans.

I meant to say 4 OL in this class. Yes I think that there are less people in front of him at Iowa, and I would think that would matter. But we've seen kids go to tOSU when they took that top 2 recruits at the same position in the same class. Or have taken the #1 recruit at taht pos. the last 3 classes.

I hope that he still considers Iowa, but I think the Nebraska pull you speak of is Big time. Kind of like the Iowa pull to Iowa kids (probably not as much though)

hawkfarmer -

The primary way that the 4 guys who have already pulled the trigger ahead of Sterup would affect him is by preventing Nebby from offering .... however, clearly that ended up not being the case. The guys who the Huskers landed in the 2011 class primarily seem to be interior linemen ... Sterup, on the other hand, is OT material.

hawkfarmer -

The primary way that the 4 guys who have already pulled the trigger ahead of Sterup would affect him is by preventing Nebby from offering .... however, clearly that ended up not being the case. The guys who the Huskers landed in the 2011 class primarily seem to be interior linemen ... Sterup, on the other hand, is OT material.

Thank you for the clarification. Is he DL material at all, or OT all the way?

Latest posts