Stats per state

pin2win

@hagertony
Pretty impressive considering the qualifiers per state!!

Iowa-4
NJ-2
NY-2
Wisconsin-1
Nebraska-1
California-1
Minnesota-1
Ohio-1
Oklahoma-1
Idaho-1
Maryland-1
Indiana-1
Nevada-1
Michigan-1
Illinois-1

All-Americans

Pennsylvania-8
New York-7
New Jersey-7
Iowa-6
Michigan-4
Indiana-4
California-4
Ohio-4
Idaho-4
Minnesota-3
Illinois-3
Colorado-3
Maryland-3
Arizona-2
Missouri-2
Wisconsin-2
Utah-2
Oklahoma-2
Florida-1
Delaware-1
Kentucky-1
Nevada-1
Kansas-1
Oregon-1
Virginia-1
Nebraska-1
Russia-1

I take it the first stat is finalist per state? If so, we may or may not get to add Askren as it was said in the Des Moines Register that he was born in Iowa.

Yes but he didnt wrestle in high school here. I think that is what the list is where they wrestled in high school. Iowa doesnt look to bad since we dont have any prep schools that are basically around just for wrestling.

Linn-Mar placed 11th in the team standings. Right behind Missouri and ahead of Boise State. Any guesses how Iowa City West will do in a couple more years?

It would be interesting to know how some of the "Power High Schools" from other states did in the nationals. Like Blair, Brandon, Apple Valley I know none of them had 2 champs but some probably had a few more qualifiers and AA's.

It would be interesting to know how some of the "Power High Schools" from other states did in the nationals. Like Blair, Brandon, Apple Valley I know none of them had 2 champs but some probably had a few more qualifiers and AA's.

The question was asked, and I could find an answer. Has a high school ever had two national champions in the same year, not including brothers? I went to the Blair Academy website and could not see where they had ever accomplished that feat.

CR Prairie had three finalists & two National Champs in the same year.

Barry Davis.....champ
Lennie Zalesky.....runner-up
Jim Zalesky.........champ

Latest posts