Stats of the day

BlacknGold19

Aaron White: 2/2, 4 pts 2 Reb in 4 minutes

Uthoff: 2/14 FG, 0-5 3pt

Jok: 2/9 FG, 0-2 3pt

Woody: 5 fouls, 1 Reb, 0 eye pokes

Raphael Davis: 24 pts, Game winning 3, 3-5 from 3pt. Averages 9 points a game.

Basil Smotherman: 13 points, 1-2 3pt, 6 Reb. Averages 1.7 points a game and 1.4 Reb. Was 1-10 from 3 entering this game.

Gabe: 16 Reb. You will be missed next year.

Hawks lose to a really bad team. Hard not to expect a collapse from this team again. If White misses significant time we are in tons of trouble. You can't replace the way he impacts the game in so many different ways. This loss stings. Can't slip up against the rest of the bad teams in the BIG. Have to protect home court. Pretty depressing stuff all around. Hope we can find a way to regroup down the stretch. Ugh.

I wish Utoff would go straight up on his jumpers instead of falling away.
This.

The dude is what? 6'8"? With that height and jumps? he just needs to square up and shoot. He's a good square up shooter.
Way too many step backs and step back/fall aways from 17 ft out.

Jok started the game with assist, basket, rebound, and steal. Made things happen. He sees/makes passes none of the other guards do.

Hawks ran double screen for him. Gets open, takes the shot and drains it at FT line.

Goes to the bench after 3 mins and 41 secs of playing time. Not the same player for the rest of the game.

Hawks run double screen for Ogs. Gets open and fakes the shot at the FT line.

JU once hit a shot by fading away with a defender in his face. Now he's so in love with that move that he fades away when it isn't necessary. Straight up, straight down plz

Why is it that some non scoring player on the other team always goes for a career high against the hawks?

Why is it that some non scoring player on the other team always goes for a career high against the hawks?

Because the hawks are a passive non-physical team, they dont deny the passing lanes very well. Not blocking out well at times.

U want stats? I'll give u all son fvcking stats ...
My son's Special Olympics bball team shot 9/15 1st game to win 20-2. Cooled off 2nd game, only 10/20, to win 20-0.

On to state, which happens to b at the Field House, mid March. I invite u all to come watch some inspired bball, where wide open shots are a guaranteed 2. It'll b a nice change of pace for Hawks fans. I especially invite the entire Iowa men's bball team ... to take some notes on how easy it is to make open shots.

Iowa game plan to shut down other team's scorers and make non-scorers beat Hawks.

For Iowa, it hardly ever works. Today it would have worked if only one non-scorer had a career high against the Hawks. But today, there were two B-makers who had career highs.

/scoring some sarcasm in there somewhere

Woodbury continues to play great post defense. When he was not on the floor Purdue could not be stopped in the paint. I love Gabe but he still struggles to deny and force ball movement to be stagnant. Both effort by them kept Iowa in the game coupled with MG taking over. I would like to see Woodbury/Oleseni on the floor together more if White is out for an extended period.

Woodbury continues to play great post defense. When he was not on the floor Purdue could not be stopped in the paint. I love Gabe but he still struggles to deny and force ball movement to be stagnant. Both effort by them kept Iowa in the game coupled with MG taking over. I would like to see Woodbury/Oleseni on the floor together more if White is out for an extended period.
This is on target.

Iowa over commits to players driving and continues to leave guys wide open behind the arc. Couple that with the terrible shot selection and shooting way to early in the shot clock and defense will look bad.

Iowa has little room for error to gain wins. I saw that they were at 1.15 points per offensive possession (not bad). But defensively they were at 1.10 points per possession (not good). So in terms of that stat they are really a .500 team when it comes to points per possession. It is the defense that has been failing the Hawks not the offense.

^ this guy gets it. Thumbs up!

I've wanted to see this since last season. The only viable objection I ever heard was concern about foul trouble on both. That's simply an
exaggerated risk that would not occur nearly as much as feared, and certainly one worth taking to gain the obvious positive results.

Alas, Fran went (and continues to go) Ferentz on such a winning personnel decision because, apparently, Cabe and Oglesclank "give us the best chance to to win." How many games will be sacrificed while this winning combo continues to be disregarded?

Latest posts