State of Iowa gets no preseason love from Dickie V’s top 40

No worries mate. Of course with a roster remake full of largely unknowns, the Hawks ain't gonna get much love outside the locker room and from the optimistic portion of the fan base. And that's fine and dandy.

But to think this team isn't going to be any good is ridiculous. How high they end up in what appears to be a very tough conference remains to be seen, but they are going to fun as crap to watch compete and easy to get behind. And they may surprise the piss out of a lot of teams they face. I can't wait to find out!

No worries mate. Of course with a roster remake full of largely unknowns, the Hawks ain't gonna get much love outside the locker room and from the optimistic portion of the fan base. And that's fine and dandy.

But to think this team isn't going to be any good is ridiculous. How high they end up in what appears to be a very tough conference remains to be seen, but they are going to fun as crap to watch compete and easy to get behind. And they may surprise the piss out of a lot of teams they face. I can't wait to find out!
It will fun to watch the young guys improve and prepare form next season. As far as expectations how would anyone know with a cast of all new players.

There is nothing wrong somers with being optimistic.

I thought I saw you on the deck of the titanic ensuring everyone that it is wonderful that the pool will be open to everyone all night long. ;)

Last edited:
Chris Beard did some serious dancing on multiple occasions during his tenure at Texas Tech and I think this is the year (now at Texas) that the slipper fits. The San Antonio Spurs rumors, as Popovich comes closer to the end, will gain momentum about five minutes later.

Drake and UNI may end up being more interesting than Iowa or ISU. Drake is the media pick to win the MVC and AJ Green is the Conference player of the year.

Iowa will be good, mark it down, unless we run JBo or Conner at the point. We just won't know how good. There is talent.

Rodney Dangerfield got more respect than Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa get combined in Dick Vitale’s Top 40 preseason rankings. Could be a long, cold Iowa winter.

If your judging basketball season by dukie V rankings then you need to get out more. theres a hell of alot better pre season rankings to judge a team off of then Dukie V

If your judging basketball season by dukie V rankings then you need to get out more. theres a hell of alot better pre season rankings to judge a team off of then Dukie V
Hey, pal, just sharing what Dickie V wrote and his complete diss of any school with Iowa in the name. Up to you what you choose to do about it.

Tweeterhawk reports, you decide.