Starting at right guard for the bowl game?

Jeebus

One of the reporters addressed the corners but it seems nobody knows what is wrong with Gettis and/or MacMillan? Will these guys be ready for the bowl game?

One of the reporters addressed the corners but it seems nobody knows what is wrong with Gettis and/or MacMillan? Will these guys be ready for the bowl game?

I believe somewhere it said they expected Gettin and McMillian back.

I hear Gettis is high ankle and Mac is neck. Both supposedly will be ready. This is the key. It is the one position that had the biggest impact on the season.

However, it is also the biggest concern for next year. With Vandy graduating, both of these guys will have to start next year. Considering that there wasn't a guard who apparently was better than Koepple to come in and fix that problem, Iowa's line looks woefully thin for next year. I mean some guy is going to have to go from not being better than a reserve center who was called to fill a vacancy that ended up in Iowa fielding the weakest guard in the league to being the top back-up to both positions.

I hear Gettis is high ankle and Mac is neck. Both supposedly will be ready. This is the key. It is the one position that had the biggest impact on the season.

However, it is also the biggest concern for next year. With Vandy graduating, both of these guys will have to start next year. Considering that there wasn't a guard who apparently was better than Koepple to come in and fix that problem, Iowa's line looks woefully thin for next year. I mean some guy is going to have to go from not being better than a reserve center who was called to fill a vacancy that ended up in Iowa fielding the weakest guard in the league to being the top back-up to both positions.

I'm not worried. I think Bofelli and Orne could both play well at guard. I think Koeppel played due to seniority more than anything. Vandervelde even mentioned that Casey MacMillan was a stud on the scout team for whatever that is worth.

Hundtermark would have gotten a lot of snaps at guard if he had hung in there.
Walsh and Blythe are two of the best HS guards in the country,so help is on the way.
I know it is a novel concept but maybe Iowa's o-line could stay healthy for the first time since 2002? MSU,OSU and Wisky combined lost one guy off their starting lines,Wisky's center,for a few games total. Any chance Iowa could have a good year injury-wise,next year?

The doom and gloom from some fans is very thick. Maybe Iowa should just cancel the upcoming season because of injuries to their guards this year?

Walsh and Blythe are two of the best HS guards in the country,so help is on the way.
I know it is a novel concept but maybe Iowa's o-line could stay healthy for the first time since 2002? MSU,OSU and Wisky combined lost one guy off their starting lines,Wisky's center,for a few games total. Any chance Iowa could have a good year injury-wise,next year?

The doom and gloom from some fans is very thick. Maybe Iowa should just cancel the upcoming season because of injuries to their guards this year?

Maybe Donnal or Scherff could step in at guard. Seems like all of our tackles get some time at guard during some point in their careers.

I agree completely. The whining is getting old. The hawks will be back.

Maybe Donnal or Scherff could step in at guard. Seems like all of our tackles get some time at guard during some point in their careers.

I think help is on way. Donnal, Scherff, Bofelli, Drew Clark, Van Sloten and Heiar, if he chooose Iowa. Neck injury for N Macmillian is worriesome.

One possibility could be to move Reiff to OG if another OT does well. Scherff supposedly did very well in Fall drills but they kept redshirt on him.

I think help is on way. Donnal, Scherff, Bofelli, Drew Clark, Van Sloten and Heiar, if he chooose Iowa. Neck injury for N Macmillian is worriesome.

One possibility could be to move Reiff to OG if another OT does well. Scherff supposedly did very well in Fall drills but they kept redshirt on him.

I doubt Reiff goes back inside, but I do agree that there is plenty of help on the way.

Latest posts