Stanzi

Stanzi is going to make the Chiefs roster. It's not even a debate.

Cassel got hurt tonight late in the second quarter...The Chiefs have sucked so bad this preseason Haley was trying to salvage something...Palko plays most of the second half, and I am wondering if it's because they were spooked after Cassel got hurt and didn't want to risk an injury to Stanzi.

Palko may also make the 53 man roster, but speculation is he will be a QB placeholder (not a holder of kicks, just a QB on the roster) until the Chiefs can see who is available after the league wide cut downs and maybe bring in a veteran to tide them over this year in case something goes awry with Cassel.

Would be nice to see Stanzi get good playing time this year....However as a Chiefs fan, sorry to say it would doom the Chiefs season. Stanzi will be solid, but not ready to start.

Watched the game on local tv last night. Announcer made reference to Cassel getting dinged up and in no way did KC want to risk getting Stanzi injured as well in the last pre-season game. From what I'm hearing, people are high on the Rickster and he'll be on the team.

Maybe, but there is that one extra spot on the travelling roster this year... Maybe just decided Palko was the clear backup and wanted to give him everything in the last preseason game.

Ive been impressed with his play. I would be real surprised if he was cut.

still would have thought he'd get at least some snaps...

yeah, i just don't see them cutting him so early without at least seeing what his potential is. that won't come for a couple more years. can't pull the plug that quick.

From what I can see (Chiefs sites, msg brds, etc) they needed to see what Palko could do before deciding the next step -- making Palko #2 / cutting Palko / moving Palko to the practice squad and bringing in a veteran QB for backup, all that. They already know what they have in Stanzi, and didn't want to risk injury to him.

Tyler Palko has been the Least Valuable Player all preason along with RB Jackie Battle. Im not just syaing that because Im an Iowa fan or Stanzi supporter. I mean if your #1 got hurt or was even in question why put the guy who is your #2 out there for something to happen to him. Palko sucks let him play behind that horrible 2 and 3rd string line.

Latest posts