Stanzi

i think its safer to say he's a more patriotic version of benjamin franklin

stanzi-announced his patriotism on national TV
franklin-did not

nuff said

Stanzi reminds you of Joe Montana and you saying Stanzi is more clutch.

I really don't know what to say to that. Montana was the focal point of an amazing national championship run where he started the year as a third string QB and won the last 9 games including the NC game.

I guarantee you Montana's completion percentage was better than 56% and he didn't throw pick sixes in four games any year to keep inferior teams hanging around.

Montana, even as a college QB, was the most clutch QB to play the game. He made miracles happen.

I love Stanzi's potential and he certainly plays in the fourth quarter, but the comparison stops pretty quickly. Stanzi hasn't put together an All Big Ten year yet. I don't think you can even mention his name with Montana's college career. He's 18-4 for two reasons, Shonn Greene and great defense.

Stanzi reminds you of Joe Montana and you saying Stanzi is more clutch.

I really don't know what to say to that. Montana was the focal point of an amazing national championship run where he started the year as a third string QB and won the last 9 games including the NC game.

I guarantee you Montana's completion percentage was better than 56% and he didn't throw pick sixes in four games any year to keep inferior teams hanging around.

Montana, even as a college QB, was the most clutch QB to play the game. He made miracles happen.

I love Stanzi's potential and he certainly plays in the fourth quarter, but the comparison stops pretty quickly. Stanzi hasn't put together an All Big Ten year yet. I don't think you can even mention his name with Montana's college career. He's 18-4 for two reasons, Shonn Greene and great defense.

THIS Really!

Hello...Dexter Morgan.

haha love the show.

But really though Stanzi is the kind of guy you can rely on even when things go bad ad even when he's a result of things getting bad.
He's never done enough to lose games for Iowa, so you can't hold that against him.
I like Rick because he's still just a kid inside. Wants to improve, jumping at the opportunities, and not afraid to take chances and make up for his mistakes. It's called confidence. There may not be a more confident QB in the Big Ten even if Rick isn't considered the "best" QB.

My only concern is that if he spends a little TOO much time assessing his interceptions and starts overthinking. If he can learn from his mistakes and make better for it in his execution then he'll be fine. If he starts to compound situations that's when I'll be worried. but thus far Rick has shown an incredible ability to put all that past him and move on to the next series, the next plays.
That's why he's one of the leaders of this team. If not our most important one.

Personality. Charisma. Positive Leadership. Courage under Fire. Empathetic. Authentic. Humble. Compassionate. That's the definition of Ricky Stanzi. The kid is a unique combination of human qualities, and a more talented athlete, perhaps, than he is sometimes given credit for. There may be better quarterbacks in college football this year than Ricky, but there isn't one I'd even consider trading for Ricky Stanzi.

He's the kind of kid who makes us proud to be Iowa alums and Iowa fans. I know I'd trust him completely. No wonder he has the absolute confidence of his coaches and his teammates. I like Iowa's chances this season as much because of the personal qualities of kids like Sash, Clayborn, Tarpinian, Vandervelde, the irrepressible DJK and Ricky Stanzi, as I do their considerable football skills.

Last edited:
I'm damn glad he's on our side. I'd rather have him than Montana right now. Montana prolly couldn't throw it too far right now.

Last edited:
Rick Stanzi reminds me of Peyton Manning
Stanzi: Pick 6 in the Orange Bowl
Manning: Pick 6 in the Super Bowl

Only difference is that Stanzi wins the big game.
Nuff said.

He's never done enough to lose games for Iowa, so you can't hold that against him.

Huh? I like him as much as the next guy, but I recall MSU and ILL '08 as losses attributable to poor QB play. One can't argue the numbers, and his w/l is fantastic, but to say he's "never" done enough to lose a game stretches the legend a bit too far.

Last edited:
If/when Iowa beats, for example, Michigan this year, Iowa's offense will have to outscore Michigan's offense. Stanzi is the manzi.

Did you wipe off your keyboard after posting this?

(I'll leave you to decide whether it's drool or something else on the keyboard.)

Latest posts